Nexstar...again

Unfortunately many ethnic groups find the "W" and "K"s in the FCC call signs to be offensive.

One "K" is only 2 more ""K's" away from KKK.

The letter "W" is considered "code' for White or White people.

I have never heard or read of this reasoning. Can you provide proof?

• Like 1

I finally got to see the Nexstar Media Group ID at the end of WOOD-TVs 6pm newscast... They have the Grand Rapids market dot totally in the wrong spot. They have it listed near Traverse City/Gaylord in the Northern Michigan area. It's like that on their website too... ugh...

WIVB in Buffalo has brought back the sportscast on the 6pm news after 2 year absence.

It sounds like he has major disagreements over how things were run under prior management.

Earlier this week, FTVlive documented the numerous openings that had developed under prior management. While I get that Nexstar/MG wanted to wait to fill them, the fact that so many jobs opened up to begin with was a direct result of the prior management chasing off or laying off employees.

And to put this "sane" move in perspective, this new GM was the same guy who mailed a dead rat to the landlord of his prior station WOIO/WUAB after a rodent problem at their studios....

http://www.cleveland.com/tipoff/index.ssf/2015/05/19_action_news_mails_dead_mous.html

God I hope not.. their domain names are stupid and in some cases pathetically long... using the station call letters is easier to remember than patheticallylongandridiculousdomainnamefirst.com
I actually like those domain names more than the regular stationcallletter.com or networkchannelnumber.com. They tend to be more creative than most tv station domain names. Sure some are impractical (looking at you mystateline.com), but at least you can put the station's call letters and they redirect you to the actual website, and even then, people get used to said website domain name and remember that instead. I certainly do.

Cheapskates! Same thing they did after acquiring KLAS. Do any other former Media General stations have choppers cuz, if so, they're next.

Those idiots running Nexstar don't deserve to have choppers. They have no clue on how to run an airship program...nor how to fund one.

• Like 1

KLFY also has a chopper (Sky 10); it has been in use since at least the mid-80s! The only times it's ever used nowadays are for either post-hurricane coverage or for events like a natural gas well blowout in 2007 which caused Interstate 10 between Baton Rouge and Lafayette to be closed for a week and a half.

Once "Sky 10" goes, it'll be the end of a long run.

KADN no longer has the Nexstar website design, and klaf.com seems to redirect there. Cajunfirst.com is still active, but I am guessing Nexstar is holding that for KLFY when ready to move it over.

Speaking of KLAF, looks like they're under going some kind of change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L2lhGapKaA

• Like 2

It looks like WISH-TV in Indiana has shot down its BIRD. Who's next?

Cheapskates! Same thing they did after acquiring KLAS. Do any other former Media General stations have choppers cuz, if so, they're next.

Those idiots running Nexstar don't deserve to have choppers. They have no clue on how to run an airship program...nor how to fund one.

WSPA does, and so does WFLA.
To be fair, helicopter noise is one of the thibgs many people (including myself) hate, so while they were a bit of cheapskates, you probably don't realize that they're actually doing people a favor in decreasing helicopter noise because it just keeps us awake for a fire or some car chase that a police helicopter can take care of. The only reason for a news helicopter as far as I know is for an earthquake of a magnitude of at least 6 or 7, but that's it!

And by the way, look into the comments of people below the story after reading it:

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2011/10/28/about-those-helicopters-qa-with-ktvus-news-director/

Are there any other choppers that competitors have in the MG-turned-Nexstar markets? They could probably get a deal on buying a used one.
Good point, but don't news organisations tend to lease helicopters instead of buying one?

Good god PLEASE let Nexstar give KLFY a new logo. PLEASE!

What's the matter, you don't like KLFY's "hurricane style" logo? It's been in use since the mid-70s (at least)! It'll be sad if Nexstar changes the logo, but to be fair, there have been times before that in which KLFY has had "acclaimed" logos! Case in point (this is from a blooper tape)....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGGxJAALlKk

• Like 1

• 24994J locked this topic
  • Weeters unlocked this topic