Nexstar...again

That really sucks about the vacation time. I know they started giving 3rd year employees a third week of vacation time about a decade ago. Even sadder is that if anyone who's been around long enough to be screwed out of their 5th week could be vulnerable to salary cuts, buyouts or reductions in force.

Years ago they had CIGNA insurance. You basically got for what you paid for....cheap insurance with limited coverage. When the company was cutting left and right, co-pay plans were eliminated in favor of deductible plans. That was a final straw for many. I believe they switched to Anthem BCBS soon after.

• Like 2

Yup, that PR offal got pushed onto WFRV's social channels and web too. The minimum I ask out of a broadcast group is to keep their CEO out of the news unless it involves death or a scandalous outing; Sinclair doesn't even do it, but Nexstar is like 'he's a pioneer!'. Surrre he is.

• Like 5

Yup, that PR offal got pushed onto WFRV's social channels and web too. The minimum I ask out of a broadcast group is to keep their CEO out of the news unless it involves death or a scandalous outing; Sinclair doesn't even do it, but Nexstar is like 'he's a pioneer!'. Surrre he is.

Indians scalped the pioneers as shown in this Exclusive Nexstar Video

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Anyone heard anything about the MG-Nexstar thing recently? Haven't seen much in the past 2 to 3 months...

No ruling yet from the FCC. And it'll likely won't be until after the spectrum auction. Nexstar requested for a waiver on the "quiet period" in hopes that the FCC can act on it while the auction is still going. And so far, the FCC hasn't budged.

Has Nexstar taken OWNERSHIP of the West Virginia Media Holdings stations yet?

Nexstar has taken ownership earlier this year.

Nexstar has been operating the stations under an LMA since that deal was announced last year. And although the deal was greenlighted by the FCC in August, it hasn't been fully closed yet. So no, they don't have full ownership of the WVMH stations.

They're probably waiting on the end of the MG deal so they can close both out at the same time.

No ruling yet from the FCC. And it'll likely won't be until after the spectrum auction. Nexstar requested for a waiver on the "quiet period" in hopes that the FCC can act on it while the auction is still going. And so far, the FCC hasn't budged.

Nexstar has been operating the stations under an LMA since that deal was announced last year. And although the deal was greenlighted by the FCC in August, it hasn't been fully closed yet. So no, they don't have full ownership of the WVMH stations.

They're probably waiting on the end of the MG deal so they can close both out at the same time.

As bad as Nexstar is, WTRF can only go ⬆️, they are operating on a shoestring staff, and the overall quality of the broadcasting and news operations is BADDDDD.....

• 2 weeks later...

FTVLive is reporting that Nexstar will be taking over "any day now"...

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2016/12/14/nexstar-to-close-on-media-general-stations-any-day-now

[url=http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2016/12/14/nexstar-to-close-on-media-general-stations-any-day-now][/url]

We'll see. If anything, it could be a time-brokerage deal where the "non-license assets" are closed on.

As for the FCC licenses....approval would be nice. But I wouldn't put anything past the idiots from Irving....but this move is as CYA as you can get.

• Like 1

But we're not.

What's good for Nexstar's shareholders and Perry Sook is not what's good for the industry, the people who work in it and the people it serves.

Because many of them are part of street gangs. And why cant we do anything about the situation? Or if we can, what can we do? Also, can you stop nitpicking parts of a quote, and respond to the entire thing? And by the way, answer all three questions.

FTVLive is reporting that Nexstar will be taking over "any day now"...

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2016/12/14/nexstar-to-close-on-media-general-stations-any-day-now

We'll see. If anything, it could be a time-brokerage deal where the "non-license assets" are closed on.

As for the FCC licenses....approval would be nice. But I wouldn't put anything past the idiots from Irving....but this move is as CYA as you can get.

Hello, WKBN Local 27 First News and myvalleymatters.com.

• Like 2

You know what's even sadder? The fact that if any of us were the CEO of Nexstar, we'd do the same thing. And everyone has used loopholes, I know because I did, and I've noticed an assload of people do it too.

I find it odd that you consider yourself a local TV "activist" yet praise Perry Sook any time you can. If you really were an "activist" you'd hate Sook just like everyone else in the industry.

• Like 7

And by the way' date='[b'] answer all three questions.[/b]

1. No...just brisket

2. A transsexual and can of Spaghetti-O's

3. Can't remember

Are we playing the 20 questions game? If so, then he needs to ask 17 more questions.

• Like 1

I find it odd that you consider yourself a local TV "activist" yet praise Perry Sook any time you can. If you really were an "activist" you'd hate Sook just like everyone else in the industry.
Well I have praised him (like how he actually does stuff to change the tv industry for better or worse unlike most of us, and that he establishes himself early on like he did with KLAS), but like with time magazine's person of the year award, that doesnt mean I like him. That's like someone saying that I'm a trump supporter because I like how charismatic he is. I dont like nexstar more than any of you, nor do I support trump. If anything, I actually HATE nexstar and sinclair. And sook may have taken too many influences from julian sinclair smith (sinclair isnt even his middle name) and david smith, including some of the worst aspects of them, like exploiting loopholes. It may not be a major issue in itself, but considering how often nextar and sinclair have done it, how their biggest acquisitions (first albritton, now media general) were out of excess abuse of loopholes, and how both companies ceos have suspiciously high net worths (which makes me wonder if they funded criminal empires with their money), they both crossed the line (in nexstar's, or should I say, nexstar media's case, the merger with media general) and I will never forgive nor trust the companies' CEOs again after that! And I've had a bit of grudging respect for them that was dwindling recently, but now, it's all gone and sook has changed for the worse.
  • Like 1