Nexstar...again

The original point still remains. If they are doing what they are said to be doing, it's illegal. Regardless of whether they get away with it or not. Also, Nexstar can't magically withhold which 6 stations they are selling. That matter has to be worked out and filed before the FCC will even consider approving the MG/Nexstar deal.
Of course. But if FTVLive is wrong about this issue, it'll make them look more like the TV industry's equivalent to TMZ (as if it doesn't look like that enough sometimes, at least to me).
  • Like 2

Of course. But if FTVLive is wrong about this issue, it'll make them look more like the TV industry's equivalent to TMZ (as if it doesn't look like that enough sometimes, at least to me).

They messed up on their story regarding WDJT parking in a disabled spot.

• Like 2

FTVLive has definitely made its share of mistakes. The guy generally doesn't get stories wrong when he talks directly to a source or has a "secret" memo. Outside of his source lying, it's a raw deal to have a potential new owner having major influence this far out in the game. Right or wrong, it's not supposed to work that way. Lets see if there's a followup soon or more of that type of activity to come to make a final judgement call. C'mon Mardek1995, the late Media General Chairman Stewart Bryan had been sick and additionally suffered a fall days before his passing. Highly doubt Nexstar took him out. He wasn't the only one calling the shots, his family made major decisions with him as well, considering how they had their ownership/stock structure set up. So even with him gone, the Bryan family still had the final call.

• Like 1

FTVLive has definitely made its share of mistakes. The guy generally doesn't get stories wrong when he talks directly to a source or has a "secret" memo. Outside of his source lying, it's a raw deal to have a potential new owner having major influence this far out in the game. Right or wrong, it's not supposed to work that way. Lets see if there's a followup soon or more of that type of activity to come to make a final judgement call. C'mon Mardek1995, the late Media General Chairman Stewart Bryan had been sick and additionally suffered a fall days before his passing. Highly doubt Nexstar took him out. He wasn't the only one calling the shots, his family made major decisions with him as well, considering how they had their ownership/stock structure set up. So even with him gone, the Bryan family still had the final call.
Maybe Nexstar did take him out and saw that he wasn't dying off fast enough for them and decided to "put him out of his misery" (as in kill him), but I haven't been able to verify this. Regardless of whether Nexstar killed him or not (though I still think they did), the Bryan family's days of the news media business are as over as his life is, as will be the fate of any family owned news media business left (unless you count Sinclair as such)

Maybe Nexstar did take him out and saw that he wasn't dying off fast enough for them and decided to "put him out of his misery" (as in kill him), but I haven't been able to verify this. Regardless of whether Nexstar killed him or not (though I still think they did), the Bryan family's days of the news media business are over, as will be the fate of any family owned news media business left (unless you count Sinclair as such)

And maybe Elvis is still alive and owns Nexstar behind the scenes!

:rolleyes:

• Like 4

Better yet, Nicholas Cage is a vampire trying to, you guessed it, take over the world!

But in all seriousness, the Bryan's days of journalism are over, as will many other family owned news media businesses be (unless one counts Sinclair Broadcast Group as such)

Everyone knows Elvis is alive and has been running CBS all these years.

I have EXCLUUUUUUSIVE Pictures to prove it.

(sweeps yaa-know)

elvis.jpg.31832b62df5d6b301c1702f0f8cec12b.jpg

• Like 1

Everyone knows Elvis is alive and has been running CBS all these years.

I have EXCLUUUUUUSIVE Pictures to prove it.

(sweeps yaa-know)

[ATTACH=full]2891[/ATTACH]

Elvis probably would have done a better job than Larry Tisch!

• Like 2

New M&A. This time Nexstar is selling.

Nexstar is selling one its satellites of Grand Junction's CBS station KREX. Its Glenwood Springs satellite, KREG is being sold to Marquee Broadcasting for $350K.

You don't hear about Nexstar selling a station very often.

• Like 1

You don't hear about Nexstar selling a station very often.

Yeah, before KREG they had only sold 3 stations. WUHF to SBG, KBTV to Deerfield (to create Beaumont duopoly for SBG), and most recently, WLYH to HSH and became WXBU.

New M&A. This time Nexstar is selling.

Nexstar is selling one its satellites of Grand Junction's CBS station KREX. Its Glenwood Springs satellite, KREG is being sold to Marquee Broadcasting for $350K.

Grand Junction is its own DMA and Glenwood Springs is in the Denver DMA. I guess Nexstar didn't want that much coverage. More wireless spectrum for Denver?

Denver is 1.391 percent of the US by Nielsen's estimates. This should bring Nexstar under the cap when Media General is acquired....

I never realized Glenwood Springs was in the Denver DMA. That likely would be a significant difference maker to avoid *additional* MG station divestments beyond the conflicts.

"ASSIGNEE IS THE LICENSEE OF WMDT(DT), SALISBURY, MARYLAND (FACILITY ID 16455) AND WEVD-LP, DOVER, DELAWARE (FACILITY ID 16456) AND THE PERMITEE OF WGDV-LD, SALISBURY, MARYLAND (FACILITY ID 187979). THE OWNERS OF LICENSEE ALSO HOLD ATTRIBUTABLE INTERESTS IN THE LICENSEE OF WGTA(DT), TOCCOA, GEORGIA (FACILITY ID 63329)."

This feels like a spectrum sale (KREG is on UHF) but wouldn't it be a little late for that?

• Like 1

"ASSIGNEE IS THE LICENSEE OF WMDT(DT), SALISBURY, MARYLAND (FACILITY ID 16455) AND WEVD-LP, DOVER, DELAWARE (FACILITY ID 16456) AND THE PERMITEE OF WGDV-LD, SALISBURY, MARYLAND (FACILITY ID 187979)."

WEVD is a WMDT translator, but I'm surprised it still hasn't been converted to digital. The FCC's TV Query says its application is still pending. Maybe it's because of ABC O&O WPVI, which claims Dover as part of its coverage area and doesn't want another ABC affiliate encroaching on its turf?

• 2 weeks later...
Nexstar slims down to get approval for merger with Media General. EDIT: @CircleSeven posted the same news a couple minutes after me in the "Nexstar Bids for Media General" thread. Go there for all the details. [URL]http://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php?threads/nexstar-bids-for-media-general.14994/page-22#post-157881[/URL]

When did KSVI and KHMT retired their dated logo?

However they can't decide: on YourBigSky.com they have logos similar to their stations, and on social website they have logo similar to KDVR and Circle number

When did KSVI and KHMT retired their dated logo?

However they can't decide: on YourBigSky.com they have logos similar to their stations, and on social website they have logo similar to KDVR and Circle number

When I looked at that page a couple of weeks ago, it was still showing those two dated logos.

Okay their two different sets of logos. The one that's posted on the yourbigsky twitter page is different from the logos that are displayed on its website front page (where it says POWERED BY). The question is which one they use on the air?

When i looked at that page a couple of weeks ago, it was still showing those two dated logos.

Okay their two different sets of logos. The one that's posted on the yourbigsky twitter page is different from the logos that are displayed on its website front page (where it says POWERED BY). The question is which one they use on the air?

Another question is that is this a sign that Nexstar, considering the company that they are now, would start up a news operation for the stations all over again?

Another question is that is this a sign that Nexstar, considering the company that they are now, would start up a news operation for the stations all over again?

Highly unlikely. There's no market for a third news department in Billings. Besides, Nexstar would have to do a major renovation of the building. The "news studio" is the size of a closet.