Nexstar...again

Alrighty. After over a year, the Grant deal has finally been completed. It was closed on Monday (12/1).

KGCW was acquired by failed station waiver, and KLJB is now owned by Marshall Broadcasting.

If there's any significance to this closing, the "Grant" name is now gone for good. Grant use to own stations in Chicago & Philly, and among other cities. Grant will always be remembered for those distinctive style logos. The "Super 66" logo will forever be lodged in my memory.

Grant. RIP Milton Grant.

Alrighty. After over a year, the Grant deal has finally been completed. It was closed on Monday (12/1).

KGCW was acquired by failed station waiver, and KLJB is now owned by Marshall Broadcasting.

If there's any significance to this closing, the "Grant" name is now gone for good. Grant use to own stations in Chicago & Philly, and among other cities. Grant will always be remembered for those distinctive style logos. The "Super 66" logo will forever be lodged in my memory.

Grant. RIP Milton Grant.

And the Nexstar triopoly in the Quad Cities is official. Now it's only a matter of time before WHBF takes over the 9pm news on KLJB. KWQC produces the news for KLJB as of right now and apparently the contract with Media General lasts until the end of 2015.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/80497/at-last-fcc-oks-nexstar-buy-of-grant-tvs

I also want to point out. If you want to look how the M&A craze is affected, look at the Quad Cities market. Within one year, all the major stations have new owners.

4 = Citadel > Nexstar

6 = Young > Media General

8 = Local TV > Tribune

18 = Grant > Marshall (Nexstar)

26 = Grant > Nexstar

I also want to point out. If you want to look how the M&A craze is affected, look at the Quad Cities market. Within one year, all the major stations have new owners.

4 = Citadel > Nexstar

6 = Young > Media General

8 = Local TV > Tribune

18 = Grant > Marshall (Nexstar)

26 = Grant > Nexstar

One of the few markets to see a complete overhaul with no Sinclair in sight...

Alrighty. At last!!!

The FCC has conditionally granted the KPEJ/KMSS apps to Marshall. The FCC has also greenlighted the WEVV deal to Bayou City.

Therefore, after 19 months, the ComCorp acquisition has FINALLY been greenlighted.

I guess those stations weren't valuable enough to get another buyer to scoop them up, since the outside date had passed.

• 1 month later...

WTAJ just started doing Forecast Firsts on every newscast this evening, not just the 11PM (where they initially did it since launching their HD newscasts in 2013). Are there any other Nexstar stations that just started implementing this change?

WATN was doing it as recently as their relaunch. I believe WROC (I might be mistaken) does as well.

I'm not sure if that's still the case, but I'm sure there are users in those markets that can correct me.

• 3 weeks later...

It's kinda their M.O. for some reason for their website names to not make much sense.

I think there are two reasons they would give:

#1. They own multi-station markets. "fourstateshomepage.com" allows them to combine the websites for KSNF and KODE, for instance — and Nexstar has many of these multi-station operations.

#2. Attempts to make them portals less tied to a station, as they'd also feature other content.

I have started searching for possible websites for the ComCorp stations and it appears as if I found a few.

KETK: easttexasmatters.com

I wondered what kind of tagline / image campaign they might come up with....

(Well, it'll probably be better to me eventually than the ketknbc domain has been)

Can't wait to see what else Nexstar does with them!