Elizabeth Hassleback leaving The View for Fox & Friends. Gretchen Carlson moved to daytime.

MorningNews

Shocking. http://nyp.st/172H99O

NO! Carlson is not a journalist. She has little to no experience and is too opinionated. She does not need to be in a news slot.

Give the slot to a REAL journalist at FNC: Anna Kooiman, Ainsley Earhartd, Patti-Ann Browne, etc.

On the other hand, I like Hasselbeck. She will be a great addition to the FOX Family.

I'm surprised to see them change at all. Aren't they solidly ahead on cable during that time slot? I have a hard time seeing how Elizabeth will fit in with Brian and Steve and also not sure how her personality will translate in the morning hours. But I'm not the average Fox viewer so I have no clue what appeals to their audience. Jenny McCarthy and Brooke Sheilds are in talks to join The View as replacements.

So Elizabeth, Joy and Barbara all leaving the View?

Don't get me wrong, I like Whoopi and Sherri, but they can't just hire a couple of comedians to patch this up.

So Elizabeth, Joy and Barbara all leaving the View?

Don't get me wrong, I like Whoopi and Sherri, but they can't just hire a couple of comedians to patch this up.

Barbara is not leaving till next summer, so she will still be there come this September. There were several reports mentioning that it was the brass at ABC/Disney who decided to cut Behar and Hasselbeck and i'm sure that they pushed for Barbara to finally retire. I really can't see this show going on for more than a few years given all the turnovers going on. As for Barbara's replacement, that will be a hard one, if they even decide to fill her spot but Meredith Viera could have been the best replacement for her. I know that Ali Wentworth's name has been floated around, but I think that Holly Robinson Peete could also be a good choice.

Well I am shockingly surprise at all this news. I did hear that Elizabeth may leave and go to Fox News Channel but I assumed as a daily contributor or someone on a show like The Five. CNN also courted her a bit too. I wasn't expecting her to be a co-host on Fox & Friends. Even though they aren't really showing their journalistic skills as much, they were all at some point real journalist in their career at some point. I do wish both Gretchen and Elizabeth good luck in their new positions.

Here is what is likely to happen at FNC (Pure Speculation):

Gretchen Carlson will host America Live from 1pm-2pm

Shepard Smith's "Studio B" will be extended to 2 hours airing from 2pm-4pm

Megyn Kelly will replace Shepard Smith on "Fox Report" 7pm-8pm

Is that prime time though?

Makes The Most Sense. I'll place a bet on that.

And I believe Prime Time really starts at 5pm.

Remember, this is FOX News that we are talking about here ... the term 'journalist' is roughly used here. This is not like it's BBC News or Al Jazeera that we are talking about.

The Foreign Oil-owned and the Foreign Government owned networks? Yeah. Stay 'Journalistic' Al Jazeera and BBC.

The Foreign Oil-owned and the Foreign Government owned networks? Yeah. Stay 'Journalistic' Al Jazeera and BBC.

We're not all going to agree on the legitimacy and integrity or lack there of at Fox News so it's best to just leave it be. That being said after watching Elizabeth on The View this morning I really don't see how she's expected to be a good fit with the Fox and Friends others. Her personality is very awkward and I doubt she'll be able to flow with Brian and Steve's antics, not to mention the fact that ED and Gretchen at one point were journalist who actually presented news at one point in time before joining Fox so how will Elizabeth handle that?

News Corp's second-biggest shareholder was a Saudi oil tycoon.

Not sure this is a valid criticism here.

There is a large difference between (A) state-run news outlets that promote the state's point of view, (B) state-owned news outlets that are held to a degree of neutrality, and © corporate owned news outlets paid for by advertising. Public broadcasting of type (B) can arguably be the highest quality of broadcast journalism, and it is a shame that more Americans don't understand the value in non-corporate, well-funded, and editorially independent journalism.

I'd be willing to explain the difference between the three in depth, as well as what makes Fox, CNN, and MSNBC far more prone to bias than the BBC or Al Jazeera.

• 1 month later...

Elizabeth will debut on Fox & Friends on Sept. 16. They are also getting a new set and getting rid of their couch. I wonder if they go to a set similar to Fox & Friends First/Happening Now set or like the other Morning Show sets.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/elisabeth-hasselbeck-to-make-fox-friends-debut-september-16_b192986#disqus_thread

Archived