WNBC Adds Anchor

nynewslover

After seeing Pat Battle fill in all week, it just reinforces WNBC would be wise to add her to weekdays in come capacity. Maybe once Chuck retires put her at 5 with someone (assuming Tom & Shiba get the 6.)

I thought that same thing but something tells me she is happy where she is now (Mabey more time with her family?)...I thought she should of replaced Sue...she has experience, personality and professionalism and people know her as she has been with wnbc since 1996. On the other hand she is brilliant on weekends and fits in great there and she seems like she likes her current schedule now, cause if not I'm sure she would of got a weekday gig by now. She is one of the best anchors out there.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rob has done the past full week at noon solo, and now has done both Weekend morning shows, the 6 am and the 10 am shows.

I know the new guy is the low man on the totem pole, but does that mean he'll have to be back at noon on Monday, with no days off?

Wonder why he has yet to fill in on any of the evening newscasts.

1. Seniority. David and Tom would get first preference. Although, it's quite possible for him to do the later evening newscast during the year end holiday period.

2. Probably because he's better at reporting than anchoring. I think he has potential, but just needs to loosen up when he's anchoring.

http://tunedinnyc.com/?p=1016

As I said last week I think Pat Battle should of been promoted to weekdays and apparently a lot of people in the wnbc newsroom agree.

#TeamBattle

Wow! So based on that story, it would seem as if Shiba Russel isn't really liked (at all) at WNBC? Does anyone know why? I obviously don't live anywhere near NYC, but of what I have watched of WNBC's news, Shiba can kind of come off as...snobbish and arrogant? Is that safe for me to say?

I wonder how she would react if she ever saw that little story there.

Wow! So based on that story, it would seem as if Shiba Russel isn't really liked (at all) at WNBC? Does anyone know why? I obviously don't live anywhere near NYC, but of what I have watched of WNBC's news, Shiba can kind of come off as...snobbish and arrogant? Is that safe for me to say?

I wonder how she would react if she ever saw that little story there.

A lot of people view Shiba as the villain at this station. She moved from a weekend anchor to a weekday anchor in a matter of 6 months. I like Shiba but think that people saw her as Sue's replacement. (Remember the hoopla in the press when she came to WNBC) NBC management has a lot of mess on their hands on how they treat anchor transitions as of lately. They always hiccup somewhere and that is with Shiba now. I wouldn't take this article that serious because sometimes the insider source is someone who was there for a few minutes (intern, food delivery guy, etc.) and thought they overheard something. Trust me people are very quite in newsroom because they know jobs are hard to come by now and they don't want to be the one on the chopping block for discussing other employees. I believe Pat should be a primary anchor but don't get mad at Shiba, that's either management decision or it might as well been Pat herself to just anchor on weekends.

A lot of people view Shiba as the villain at this station. She moved from a weekend anchor to a weekday anchor in a matter of 6 months. I like Shiba but think that people saw her as Sue's replacement. (Remember the hoopla in the press when she came to WNBC) NBC management has a lot of mess on their hands on how they treat anchor transitions as of lately. They always hiccup somewhere and that is with Shiba now. I wouldn't take this article that serious because sometimes the insider source is someone who was there for a few minutes (intern, food delivery guy, etc.) and thought they overheard something. Trust me people are very quite in newsroom because they know jobs are hard to come by now and they don't want to be the one on the chopping block for discussing other employees. I believe Pat should be a primary anchor but don't get mad at Shiba, that's either management decision or it might as well been Pat herself to just anchor on weekends.

I really like Shiba and her Professionalism and like her where she is... I really wish wnbc would launch a 4pm newscast with David Ushery and Pat battle or Erika Tarental (3 Anchors who are way overdue for a weekday anchor slot...wnbc has too many anchors and no stable anchor team for the evenings. Launching a 4pm Newscast could be a first step in doing so.

• 1 month later...

It is interesting to see how WNBC uses their anchor talent. I wonder why they had Erika and Rob on weekend TINY and moved Gus to the evening news to cover for David and Erika. Clearly, Gus is a much more competent and confident anchor than Rob. I suppose they don't trust Rob to anchor the evening news solo as there will be too many flubs and awkward moments. Maybe he cut it in LA, but he should hit the beat for a few years in NY before working the desk.

I guess Gus has the permanent weekend TINY job since they said they were in for Pat & Gus.

It is interesting to see how WNBC uses their anchor talent. I wonder why they had Erika and Rob on weekend TINY and moved Gus to the evening news to cover for David and Erika. Clearly, Gus is a much more competent and confident anchor than Rob. I suppose they don't trust Rob to anchor the evening news solo as there will be too many flubs and awkward moments. Maybe he cut it in LA, but he should hit the beat for a few years in NY before working the desk.

I guess Gus has the permanent weekend TINY job since they said they were in for Pat & Gus.

So I wonder what's gonna happen to Contessa? Since supposedly when Erika moved to weekend nights/noon & 7 PM 3 days a week Contessa was supposedly the permanent anchor on weekend TINY.

Archived