WNBC Adds Anchor

nynewslover

Well the NBC O&O stations did pick up the Meredith Viera show for fall 2014. So I assume she would take the slot left by Jeff Probst. A bit off topic but I found a way to see the 11 pm weeknight anchors getting ready for the show doing the promos etc.

1. Go to NBCNEWYORK.COM

2. Watch the 7 pm live stream, once it ends don't close out the browser, instead leave it up and running.

3. Check back around 9:30p and you can see Shiba and whoever the heck else with her since Chuck hasnt been on in a couple weeks. You can see them miking up, putting in IFBs, putting on makeup etc. Also depending if the sound is on or not you can sometimes hear some of them letting a few "choice" words slip. For example Scott Stanford was getting ready and he was off camera however the sound was going and he said "My suit is f***ked up"

I've heard some fun things listening to WMAQ's feed before newscasts, too. Must be a network-wide issue.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WCBS had the same thing when they streamed their newscasts live online. I remember watching Sam Ryan (former sport anchor) ater the news ended, trying to tape a recorded piece for the morning newscast, she kept messing up. It felt like it went on forever.

You can sometimes hear and see the same on WPIX's live stream in between commercial breaks.

WCBS had the same thing when they streamed their newscasts live online. I remember watching Sam Ryan (former sport anchor) ater the news ended, trying to tape a recorded piece for the morning newscast, she kept messing up. It felt like it went on forever.

You can sometimes hear and see the same on WPIX's live stream in between commercial breaks.

Simply put, modern technology is delightful!

Well the NBC O&O stations did pick up the Meredith Viera show for fall 2014. So I assume she would take the slot left by Jeff Probst. A bit off topic but I found a way to see the 11 pm weeknight anchors getting ready for the show doing the promos etc.

1. Go to NBCNEWYORK.COM

2. Watch the 7 pm live stream, once it ends don't close out the browser, instead leave it up and running.

3. Check back around 9:30p and you can see Shiba and whoever the heck else with her since Chuck hasnt been on in a couple weeks. You can see them miking up, putting in IFBs, putting on makeup etc. Also depending if the sound is on or not you can sometimes hear some of them letting a few "choice" words slip. For example Scott Stanford was getting ready and he was off camera however the sound was going and he said "My suit is f***ked up"

That's so cool, so I guess you can watch them all the way up to the time they go on air at 11pm?

That's so cool, so I guess you can watch them all the way up to the time they go on air at 11pm?

Well the screen goes black right after the 7 pm show goes off the air, however the camera's start back up around 9:00 - 9:15 I believe. Around 9:30 you can see Shiba and whoever else is on at 11 that night coming on set putting on their mics (Shiba actually walks out of camera view to mic up since I believe she strings the mic up her dress), they put their IFBs in, then do a few takes of the promos and cold intros or whatever they call it.

Just saw Rob Schmitt on the 5pm reporting live from somewhere on the heat wave, he didn't seem that bad, except after the package aired instead of cutting back to Rob they wen't back to the studio, mabey he still hasn't learned to sign off saying "News 4 New York" yet lol.

1. Go to NBCNEWYORK.COM

That's been going for years, since at least 2006 when WNBC started streaming their newscast. The stream simply doesn't stop, its just the news program monitor in the control room. When the news program would fade to black, the stream still continues with sounds of the studio and tests. And I heard a lot of fun conversations with that black.

Well the screen goes black right after the 7 pm show goes off the air, however the camera's start back up around 9:00 - 9:15 I believe. Around 9:30 you can see Shiba and whoever else is on at 11 that night coming on set putting on their mics (Shiba actually walks out of camera view to mic up since I believe she strings the mic up her dress), they put their IFBs in, then do a few takes of the promos and cold intros or whatever they call it.

Do you know If they post a link to the live stream at the top of NBCNewYork.com cause I'm going to do it in 20 min.

Do you know If they post a link to the live stream at the top of NBCNewYork.com cause I'm going to do it in 20 min.

When I do is I keep the page open after the 7 pm show cuts off that way it keeps going all the way thru the 11 pm newscast, even though you won't see anything until around 9:30 then it goes black around 10:00 and comes back at 11:00 and actually u can watch the whole show including the sports segment

Rob Schmitt and Erika Tarental are anchoring now at Noon

I saw he actually wasn't all that bad. Interestingly though Erika & Rob were switched around. Erika would normally sit on the left, and Rob normally would sit on the right.

I saw he actually wasn't all that bad. Interestingly though Erika & Rob were switched around. Erika would normally sit on the left, and Rob normally would sit on the right.

I don't feel like thinking today, were they sitting like Tom and Shiba or like Darlene and Michael?

I guess they did that based on seniority since Erika was there longer than Rob. The same for Darlene and Michael.

For those who have seen him anchor in LA, based on his anchoring these past two days, is he still nervous or is he back to normal? The reason I ask is because I was able to catch WNBC at noon yesterday and he seems very stiff.

Found this interesting article (You'll have to scroll down a bit to see the story) Look for Anchor Shake up at KCBS

http://ftvlive.com/?page=23

Basically it states that Sibila Vargas who currently works at the CBS O&O in LA, is supposedly heading to WNBC. If that's true, hopefully that means Erika can co-anchor the noon show 5 days a week, and solo anchor the 7 pm show 5 days a week. If Sibilia Vargas is joining the station, more then likely she will be co-anchoring the weekend editions of Today in NY, and I can see Contessa co-anchoring the 6p & 11p alongside David Ushery once she comes back from maternity leave. Of course this seems to be a rumor now, but we all know Rob is already at the station so who knows.

Found this interesting article (You'll have to scroll down a bit to see the story) Look for Anchor Shake up at KCBS

http://ftvlive.com/?page=23

Basically it states that Sibila Vargas who currently works at the CBS O&O in LA, is supposedly heading to WNBC. If that's true, hopefully that means Erika can co-anchor the noon show 5 days a week, and solo anchor the 7 pm show 5 days a week. If Sibilia Vargas is joining the station, more then likely she will be co-anchoring the weekend editions of Today in NY, and I can see Contessa co-anchoring the 6p & 11p alongside David Ushery once she comes back from maternity leave. Of course this seems to be a rumor now, but we all know Rob is already at the station so who knows.

That's interesting, I wonder what they have planned if this is true she is good however she seems very similar to Shiba, they could be twins, not thats there's anything wrong with that, WCBS has Mary Calvi and Kristine Johnson who look similar.

Also I didn't want't to start another thread for this but with The Chris Mathews Show over NBC O&O'S are filling that with local news, so Weekend Today in New York on Sunday will expand to 10-10:30am

Just a brief comment on these semi new video's of the anchors promoting 4 New York... They need to come up with a new line other than "Breaking news in (insert town name) where we have multiple crews on the scene."

It was played out after he first two and now it seems to be in heavy rotation. I think Chuck's is the hardest to watch because it is obviously forced.

Archived