WSOC/WAXN to air 3 Redskins preseason games

Nelson R.

http://m.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/3-washington-redskins-pre-season-games-air-wsoc-tv/nYRPT/

Interesting.

The final one airs the next day because the Panthers also play Thursday.

I think it makes sense.

On a side note, WSOC will also air the Panthers Monday night game at home against the Patriots.

Also the fact they showed a Redskins logo along with a Panthers logo on that NFL on Fox promo on WJZY leads me to believe WJZY will televise Redskins games when they can.

http://m.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/3-washington-redskins-pre-season-games-air-wsoc-tv/nYRPT/

Interesting.

The final one airs the next day because the Panthers also play Thursday.

I think it makes sense.

On a side note, WSOC will also air the Panthers Monday night game at home against the Patriots.

Also the fact they showed a Redskins logo along with a Panthers logo on that NFL on Fox promo on WJZY leads me to believe WJZY will televise Redskins games when they can.

That is interesting. Do the Redskins still have a large following in the Charlotte area?

That is interesting. Do the Redskins still have a large following in the Charlotte area?

Yes Charlotte was Skins territory pre-Panthers although WCCB got away from showing Redskins games when they had the choice.

• 1 month later...

The Bills-Redskins game spilled over into NASCAR coverage and WSOC stuck with the Skins. I would hate to be working WSOC's switchboard right about now. Pretty sure they didn't put the start of the NASCAR race on their sister station WAXN like they should have.

Archived