ABC Weatherman Bill Evans arrested

knightofni

I am so shocked, I would have never known he was even going through a divorce if it weren't for this. I personally love him on-air. I don't want this to turn into a conversation about his personal life and all. I think we should stick with the news part of this.

I know its to early to know what is going to happen however, I would be interested to discuss anyway. Jeff Smith has been at WABC longer but I think Amy Freeze would do better if Bill was fired or voluntarily leaves.

I don't know, I wouldn't be filling vacancies yet. This doesn't seem hardly as incriminating as the Morrison case.

I will agree with you about this not being as bad as Morrison but this will tarnish him a little and he may resign or force to resign because news organizations try hard not to be the focus of the news in a negative way. Some people have a moral clause in their contracts that is there for just this kind of reason. Whatever happens in this situation, I hope for the best for him and his wife that they can handle the rest of there divorce without the public being in there business.

I think before anyone jumps and assumes Bill is out the door like Rob, you have to look at a confluence of factors compared to Rob's situation. First, their tenures at their prospective stations... Rob was with WCBS for 3 years or so... Bill has been with WABC for more than 20. Next, WABC is number 1 in those hours of the morning, WCBS is number 4. Rob and Mary just didn't work... so it was an out for WCBS to make changes and try someone new, even if they weren't expecting it. WABC avoids change like the plague. And, as if that all wasn't enough, Rob and Ashley actually appeared on air together every morning. How would anyone ever forget what happened when you see them sitting at a desk together every morning?

Finally, it didn't make the front pages. Rob's bloody face mugshot is what did him in. When it's on the front page of the Post and Daily News, you can't avoid it. This story was buried. I bet many/most viewers have no idea this happened.

I do agree though. Since when did NY morning news begin to look like one of Philadelphia's news dramas?

It's very pitiful to hear the news. But I hope they don't get rid of him. He's been at ABC since '89? He's been their for almost 24 years.

I'm happy that it didn't go as crazy as it was with the Morrison situation which that thing blew out of proportion from the get-go with that infamous mugshot and he knew folks wouldn't stop talking about it when they saw it. That's why he had no other choice but to resign. CBS should've fired him on the spot for that, know how the publicity over that escalated. But they didn't.

So I'm hoping this would fly soon, Bill and his wife can split without any further conflicts and Bill can get back to work, and it would be business as usual.

I feel this will blow over in a few weeks if not days. Look at Greg Kelly he was on the front page of every paper for weeks and he's back on air. Sure nothing was proven and I feel nothing happened. But in the case with Bill Evans it seems minor. While any physical violence whatsoever is wrong this seems very minor and the wife's lawyer might just wanna make a case. The only reason this even came out is cause he's on TV which is ridiculous IMO. I wish the best for Bill Dana and the kids. Hopefully this can end as civically and as peacefully as possible.

They both make very damming claims about each other according to this article that if true are as bad as the Morrison case.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/weatherman-bill-evans-dana-evans-court-huge-fight-divorce-article-1.1375912

1. I REALLY did not need to read that headline. And...

2. They're are still only claims. We still don't have something like this to illustrate the point in this case...

anchor20n-2-web.jpg

Goodness are all the details of their court hearing really that necessary? Makes me upset because its only being reported because of his status and then the article is splashed with links to other articles regarding scandals and how others haven't recovered their careers after their scandal. But hey it's the Daily News.

Yes, it's bad that this story is now hitting the papers and has gone national, but it really seems that both parties are at fault here. Charges will likely be dropped. I doubt Bill would resign, so if any move is made it would be by WABC honchos and I highly doubt that.

Yes, it's bad that this story is now hitting the papers and has gone national, but it really seems that both parties are at fault here. Charges will likely be dropped. I doubt Bill would resign, so if any move is made it would be by WABC honchos and I highly doubt that.

I'll be surprised if he isn't off the air for a month or two, though. Give him an opportunity to sort out his affairs and let the story blow over.

Archived