KNBC New Facilities: First Peek?

Weeters

Will they be on a new set or will it mostly have the same look? The current set is not that old and just got a refresh not too long ago.

They are still on the current set at NBC Burbank today. I think that tells you it will be all new.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Access Hollywood/Access Hollywood Live moving as well? Far as I remember, those two are KNBC productions syndicated through NBCUniversal Television Distribution.

If so, then with the move of KNBC and The Tonight Show, that would make Days of our Lives the last production at the Burbank Studios.

Edit: after watching that report linked to above, it almost sounds like *everything* is moving, finally, although they didn't mention Days, nor were they all that specific about Access Hollywood.

Will they be on a new set or will it mostly have the same look? The current set is not that old and just got a refresh not too long ago.

I believe they took the monitors behind the current set over to the new building, since it got replaced by a duratran several weeks/months ago.

I hope that this means an updated graphics (Look F.2) package (and maybe losing NBC News) too. Look F is becoming a bit stale in comparison to the new CBS graphics and NBC News has definitely lost it's flare since the 2007 update.

I'm excited to see the new NBC 4!

Interesting how they kept that green screen next to the newsroom desk. It used to be KNSD's weather wall during the budget cuts when KNBC and sometimes KNTV on weekends would do weather for KNSD. I guess they still use it.

The 11pm weekday team has signed off for the last time from Studio 10 in Burbank...and they said they'll be back Monday from the new digs!

It's interesting that there are different responses as to when they're going to broadcast from their new facility.I've seen Sunday as when they're going to debut, yet they said good bye to their current studio saying it was the last broadcast. What do they plan to do Saturday? I'll wake up to catch Today in LA on Saturday to see where they're broadcasting from.

Has this made it on air yet?

http://vimeo.com/83910103

Seems like the updated look could have a few of these elements. I did notice that the 4 is white instead of blue..

One of those promo videos on that account dates back a year ago for a show that was canceled, so I doubt it's part of a new look.

One of those promo videos on that account dates back a year ago for a show that was canceled, so I doubt it's part of a new look.

Yes, there are a few promos that have been up for a year or so. However, the link I posted was a programming lineup graphic that was just uploaded three weeks ago.

Archived