Gannett to acquire Belo

roscoryan

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I beg to differ. V.1. is terrible, but V.2. went back to the SofTX signature's roots.

Agreed, V.2 sounds more like a package WFAA/KHOU would use. V.1 did sound pretty awful and I thought it didn't match WFAA or KHOU's branding at all.

Agreed, V.2 sounds more like a package WFAA/KHOU would use. V.1 did sound pretty awful and I thought it didn't match WFAA or KHOU's branding at all.

The original seems to have been rushed into existence after the SESAC royalty rate dispute with Stephen Arnold Music.

I have some new information:

The BELO graphics package was done by HotHaus and not by WFAA creative.

The proof is a demo of the graphics accompanied by a HotHaus logo: http://vimeo.com/84737297

That is not "new information". According to "HulkieD" on November 30, 2012:

And since that's been said, I guess I can say this:

These are the new standard Belo graphics, by Hothaus. They'll be rolled out across the group over the next year. They're setting up a central graphics office, but they're not hubbing, so these won't be as cookie cutter as some of the packages I think.

It looks like an evolution of the KHOU package, in all honesty, and if they're rolling out the new Propulsion stuff to at least some of the other stations, they may well be looking at them as the model. (Here's hoping KHOU's excellent footage opens are one of the inspirations.)

That's been known for over a year... (already knew Hothaus did them)

That is not "new information". According to "HulkieD" on November 30, 2012:

That's been known for over a year... (already knew Hothaus did them)

Only you would go searching from over a year ago just to put someone down. Why the need for quotations around new information? Step off it, nobody's perfect.

Only you would go searching from over a year ago just to put someone down. Why the need for quotations around new information? Step off it, nobody's perfect.

He's not putting anyone down. He's just stating fact that, the information wasn't new. Yes, it might be new to some, and sometimes, things tend to be forgotten. But sanewsguy was kind enough to go back and refer to a previous quote about the same info, and I strongly doubt that he did it with the intention of putting anyone down. And for that I commend him for doing so.

It wasn't my intention to put him down. Sorry if you interpreted it that way. As for the quotations around new information, I was quoting him. I don't expect him or anybody to be perfect and we all make mistakes. But it was something I already knew so I just passed it along. I looked up the info from a year ago as confirmation that it was reported on here at an earlier date.

He's not putting anyone down. He's just stating fact that, the information wasn't new. Yes, it might be new to some, and sometimes, things tend to be forgotten. But sanewsguy was kind enough to go back and refer to a previous quote about the same info, and I strongly doubt that he did it with the intention of putting anyone down. And for that I commend him for doing so.

Thanks CircleSeven! :)

• 1 month later...

Obviously easy to recreate.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but really those don't take much effort to recreate. Notice the lack of animations and how it's only used as a lower third in the topical, not more not less...

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but really those don't take much effort to recreate. Notice the lack of animations and how it's only used as a lower third in the topical, not more not less...

No sarcasm, sir.

• 2 weeks later...

I came across this on the king 5 Facebook page. Looks like the are using this is home on promos.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152093609691476&id=6276351475

You beat me to it. It's a beautiful cut of music they're using. I'm interested to see if that means they will launch the package on newscasts soon.

KING 5 has an impressive Creative Services department. That looks a hell of a lot better than the main package they'll be getting. And I'm so glad they're keeping Jim Birdsall as VO.

They're also overdue for a new set, as are all the other "KING" stations. KTVB, KGW and KREM all have sets near identical to that of KING's. I know KING is moving to a new building soon and that's when they'll get a new one I bet. But for the other three, I hope plans are in the works to replace those sets.

Archived