New WPLG Music

Alain

A few days ago WPLG dumped all the hodge-podge of "The One and Only" they were using in favor of a pretty weird theme. I can only hear portion in this clip that is confirmed to be The One and Only. Thoughts? Possible off-the-wall updates?

[yt]9paOSpLw400[/yt]

If I were to guess, this seems like a hodge-podge of production music; that and it sounds totally imappropriate for local news (even in Miami) and seems more apropros for an entertainment show. That being said, the only part of the package that really works is the headline bed.

Oh god it looks like they're trying to be WSVN (then again, there are few Miami stations that aren't). Then again, I actually know what WSVN's music is and who composed it..

This, on the other hand, I can't tell if this is actually news music. I don't know if it's the short open or the teaser....

I think when the original set of opens came out it was longer with a power on button and then the Local 10 logo lighting up and then the open. I don't like it either. It sounds cheap. I think they'd be better off going back to the reliable 21 year old One and Only

A few days ago WPLG dumped all the hodge-podge of "The One and Only" they were using in favor of a pretty weird theme. I can only hear portion in this clip that is confirmed to be The One and Only. Thoughts? Possible off-the-wall updates?

[yt]9paOSpLw400[/yt]

Do you really know what the production music name is and who is the composer of it? On the NMSA website it will have for example:

Production Music:XXXXXX by: Stephen Arnold or DeWolfe Music?

The last I heard was WPLG was using Production Music: News on 5 from 2005 to 2006. Otherwise it has used "The One and Only" from Frank Gari

I don't know who makes the music. But there is a constant, they keep using a specific theme from "the one and only" to bump out from certain segments... I dont even pay attention to the NMSA as a good source anymore. I don't know what he's waiting for to post WTVJ's opens that I sent almost a year ago. There are plenty of opens without a VO-less theme sample

Anyway....

[yt]c-O8kksxCBA[/yt]

The One and Only theme in question is at 1:40s

Archived