KABC Daytime Plans for Fall 2014? As Dr. Oz moves to KTTV.

CircleSeven

It appears that WLS may not be the only ABC O&O to possibly come with changes in its daytime lineup this fall. The B&C stated that the Dr. Oz program has been renewed for four more seasons on the Fox O&Os. The article includes that Fox 11 will be airing the show in fall 2014, replacing KABC. So the question is, what show will Channel 7 will air to replace Dr. Oz. Could they move Katie's talk show to 2pm and then add a 3pm News? Or if they would air a different syndicated program.

I dont see KABC adding a 3 PM news program. A 3 PM newscast already exists on KCAL 9. The article states that the change is effective in fall 2014, so there is at least a whole another year before the switch. ABC stations could buy a new syndicated talker for the slot. There is still lots of time left for ABC O&Os to prepare.

I dont see KABC adding a 3 PM news program. A 3 PM newscast already exists on KCAL 9. The article states that the change is effective in fall 2014, so there is at least a whole another year before the switch. ABC stations could buy a new syndicated talker for the slot. There is still lots of time left for ABC O&Os to prepare.

They changed the article 6 hours after I first posted it here. I don't they'll have any room for the other stations to buy another syndie program. The network had to sacrifice an hour of network programming just to fit Couric's show in on GH's former timeslot. Both KABC & KGO have or will have 2pm free basically. KGO airs reairings of Millionaire & Jeopardy! at 2pm. I don't think this will be a permanent mainstay. KABC could move the daytime lineup by one hour and air The Chew at 1pm & GH at 2pm. But I know that won't happen.

They changed the article 6 hours after I first posted it here. I don't they'll have any room for the other stations to buy another syndie program. The network had to sacrifice an hour of network programming just to fit Couric's show in on GH's former timeslot. Both KABC & KGO have or will have 2pm free basically. KGO airs reairings of Millionaire & Jeopardy! at 2pm. I don't think this will be a permanent mainstay. KABC could move the daytime lineup by one hour and air The Chew at 1pm & GH at 2pm. But I know that won't happen.

Could they be freeing up an hour to expand GMA or make room for Good Afternoon America? Or KABC could do a local talk/entertainment show like WLS does with Windy City Live.

Could they be freeing up an hour to expand GMA or make room for Good Afternoon America? Or KABC could do a local talk/entertainment show like WLS does with Windy City Live.

If GAA comes back, then ABC would have to cancel either GH or The Chew on the East Coast. The West Coast already have an hour free before 3pm Katie, so that won't do any good. I don't think KABC would be that game to do an entertainment show. KGO use to do The View From The Bay/7 Live before they canned it many months prior. ABC could try to snag Rachael Ray from KCAL 9, but that's really tough to do, when they're on contract. And I don't think that would fit its daytime lineup well.

That's what WABC airs. The Chew @ 1, GH @ 2, Katie @ 3, and they launched another hour of Eyewitness News @ 4 to replace Oprah.

Also worth noting is that "Katie" is only contracted through next season. Her ratings aren't exactly spectacular.

There was an interesting theory I read... "Katie" ends and she replaces Barbara Walters on "The View" in Summer 2014.

That's not the craziest thing I've ever heard.

Also worth noting is that "Katie" is only contracted through next season. Her ratings aren't exactly spectacular.

There was an interesting theory I read... "Katie" ends and she replaces Barbara Walters on "The View" in Summer 2014.

I highly doubt that Barbara Walters would allow it, and probably would pull the plug on the show before that would happen. A lot can happen in a year, but ABC could also cancel The View and replace it with another hour of GMA or adjust their daytime lineup and stick in Good Afternoon America.

Good Afternoon America was a great show, and should be brought back. Did anyone notice that GAA got much better ratings then GH during its summer run? ABC would be wise to cancel GH and put GAA back on the schedule.

Good Afternoon America was a great show, and should be brought back. Did anyone notice that GAA got much better ratings then GH during its summer run? ABC would be wise to cancel GH and put GAA back on the schedule.

ABC would be wise to cancel The Chew. I think GH does better ratings wise. Honestly, if they want to bring back GAA, I think they should take back an hour from the affiliates. I know, easier said than done.

Not sure about households, but GH definitely outperforms The Chew in total viewers and in key demo viewers. That's got to count for something! I get that soaps are more expensive to produce, but GH has slashed its budget tremendously and has seen an increase in ratings to compliment that. I just think that if they cancel GH they will face a lot of backlash from a lot of viewers.

The Chew is up significantly year-to-year and has slightly more viewers than GH based on recent press releases from ABC. It will be interesting to see what ABC does in the upcoming couple years.

Produce cheaper programming. That seems to be ABC's goal right now. We'll see what happens to ABC in a few years from now when Bob Iger retires from Disney...

Produce cheaper programming. That seems to be ABC's goal right now. We'll see what happens to ABC in a few years from now when Bob Iger retires from Disney...

During Barbara's retirement announcement, Iger stated the he was going to step down next year. We'll see how that pans out with the network once Iger leaves. As I see it, I think both The Chew & GH will probably stay for at least another season.

During Barbara's retirement announcement, Iger stated the he was going to step down next year. We'll see how that pans out with the network once Iger leaves.

The year after Barbara retires, so it would be 2015.

• 1 year later...

Keeping you guys up to date, seeing that Dr. Oz will be moving back to KTTV in a month from now, I can at least confirm the show that's taking its place on KABC. It looks like they picked up the Rachel Ray show, which will be airing at 1PM. Guess that also means GH might be airing an hour later, in that regard.

• 2 weeks later...

This just in: Now we got a definitive line-up for KABC's Fall 2014 afternoon programs.

12 N - The Chew

1PM - Rachel Ray

2PM - General Hospital

3PM - Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?

3:30 - Jeopardy!

4PM - Eyewitness News

It's most likely that their prime access lineup will remain unchanged and that Jeopardy! will air twice daily with reruns at 3:30 and new episodes at 7PM.

Guest Former Member 207

This just in: Now we got a definitive line-up for KABC's Fall 2014 afternoon programs.

12 N - The Chew

1PM - Rachel Ray

2PM - General Hospital

3PM - Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?

3:30 - Jeopardy!

4PM - Eyewitness News

It's most likely that their prime access lineup will remain unchanged and that Jeopardy! will air twice daily with reruns at 3:30 and new episodes at 7PM.

That's about what I thought it would be. That said, I think KCBS will be the only major station in the market without any significant programming changes.

We watch the Dr. Oz Show on channel 7 (ABC7) in Los Angeles at 2 PM PDT. I have heard that when the 2014 Daytime Fall line up starts, this show will no longer be airing on this channel. What channel is he moving to? I have heard maybe KTTV but I cannot find this show on there yet.

Inquiring minds want to know.

We watch the Dr. Oz Show on channel 7 (ABC7) in Los Angeles at 2 PM PDT. I have heard that when the 2014 Daytime Fall line up starts, this show will no longer be airing on this channel. What channel is he moving to? I have heard maybe KTTV but I cannot find this show on there yet.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Dr. Oz is moving back to Fox 11 in the fall.

Archived