Take A Look

It appears all the Corinthian Broadcasting stations must have used this theme. I am 99% certain that KXTV did, as their slogan from 1979 until 1981 was "Take A Look".

Does anybody suspect that WVEC or WISH used the theme? I know I've seen a WISH documentary from 1979 with a cut of "Take A Look" but the NMSA says they were using "NewsCenter" theme around that time.

Not the first time the NMSA would be incorrect, but I wanted to see if others have the same opinion.

I'm not sure if WVEC ever did, mostly because there isn't much out there regarding their image in the late 70s up until 1981 (when they started using the "KXTV 1982" theme all the Corinthian stations used). Their 60th anniversary is in September... perhaps the station will unearth some old news footage or promotional material from that timeframe.

Big update tonight on the KXTV 1982 news theme is now the "KHOU-WISH 1981 News Theme". WISH also used "Production Music: Fast Action" and "Take A Look".

It's a near certainty that WVEC used these packages.

WVEC was owned locally until Corinthian bought them in 1979/1980, so if they used Take a Look it was probably only for a brief time. They definitely used the other Corinthian theme which came in around 1981:

Pretty interesting to see the info of station groups using standardized music in the 1970's come out lately. You had the Gateway Group with the Action News Theme, Outlet (WJAR/WCMH/KSAT) with the WAGA 1977 News Theme and now Corinthian with both Take A Look and the unknown theme from 1981.

Figuring out who owned what and who had what theme could help figure out some of the news music gaps.

Station slogans help a lot - "Move Closer to Your World" or "Take A Look" etc. Not a coincidence, usually.

I believe WOWT used "Part of Your Life" since they used that slogan in the '70s.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of standardized station group music, I wonder if WIXT in Syracuse used the "WAGA 1977 News Theme" along with the other Outlet stations??

If they did, they must have stopped by 1980 because at 10:35 in this clip it is clear they are using a different theme (Not in the NMSA, BTW):

Archived