ABC's America This Morning get GMA's L3s

Action Newsroom

KSAT uses the red version of the ABC logo. Looks awful IMO. I liked the glossy one a lot better.

wequ.png

It would've looked better if they would've used the blue-ish gray version. Having it matched the same color doesn't always look right. This is a prime example.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I kinda like the red logo there, for some reason.

Meanwhile, it's funny looking at people on Twitter who think that the new red ABC logo for ESPN on ABC is bias towards the Miami Heat during the NBA Finals.

Actually, I kinda like the red logo there, for some reason.

Meanwhile, it's funny looking at people on Twitter who think that the new red ABC logo for ESPN on ABC is bias towards the Miami Heat during the NBA Finals.

I'm not talking about the red logo for use for ABC's sports programming. It blends in with the bottom ticker graphics. That I can deal with.

What's up with those dumbos think that ABC's graphics sides a certain team, where they'd been using the similar ticker graphics since its been ESPN on ABC. They finally have the new ESPN on ABC intro all of a sudden. That should be the least of their concerns, as the Spurs have one win away to take home the fifth NBA title.

10348_10151226954680000_1947473498_n.jpg

I was in Sacramento this past week and I noticed that the Gannett station there KTVX was using the new ABC logo... then I checked their facebook page to see how long ago they switched and this picture was their Facebook photo since December 14, 2012. I wonder if they used it on air.

10348_10151226954680000_1947473498_n.jpg

I was in Sacramento this past week and I noticed that the Gannett station there KTVX was using the new ABC logo... then I checked their facebook page to see how long ago they switched and this picture was their Facebook photo since December 14, 2012. I wonder if they used it on air.

They do. Has an odd-look if you ask me but at least it is better than KSAT's usage of the red version. And also it's KXTV, KTVX is the ABC affiliate in Salt Lake City.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQGqc5FX9y4

I'm beginning to wonder what Citadel's stations are going to do when it comes to this new logo; they have the Start Here look deeply ingrained into their overall branding, but thenagain their package already looked quite dated to begin with.

KSAT uses the red version of the ABC logo. Looks awful IMO. I liked the glossy one a lot better.

wequ.png

It actually fits into their "Live. Local. Latebreaking. ™" style overall. But, I hope they don't do the "network name/channel number" verbal mention.

It actually fits into their "Live. Local. Latebreaking. ™" style overall. But, I hope they don't do the "network name/channel number" verbal mention.

They actually quit using "Live. Local. Latebreaking." in 2010. Their current slogan is "Expect more." (and it's plastered everywhere).

Thankfully the verbal ID is still "KSAT 12".

Here's a sampling of the new graphics. The 2010 election theme is in place now, with a few modifications in the beginning. The New York set remains the same except for the image loop on the monitors (of which there are many). Charlie Gibson remains as the opening VO. Overall, a BIG improvement over what they had before. I'm not really thrilled with the L3's, but it's ABC. That's always the weakest part of any package for them.

[yt]QBsebThicgA[/yt]

I like GMA's L3s. They match the rest of their package better than these L3s and the ones used on World News.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

wequ.png

Here's a better version of the said logo.

KSAT_2013_Logo.png

And it appears that KTRK 13 has finally got rid of their longtime ABC logo from the late 90s for the new ABC logo design. The bug is used on this

Archived