Susan Barnett out at 3

PhillyWatch

She seems like a very nice person but she is not main anchor material so I can't say that I'm sad to see her leave but I wish her the best regardless.

Who the hell are you to know who is main anchor material. Let me guess, she is a white woman, therefore she doesn't know what people go through.

I wonder if they are going to fill the position internally or they would outsource some on from another CBS owned station. Well my suggestion if they get someone from CBS stations would be from KDKA or WBBM.

I wonder if they are going to fill the position internally or they would outsource some on from another CBS owned station. Well my suggestion if they get someone from CBS stations would be from KDKA or WBBM.

I wouldn't pull from 'BBM, they're not very deep in the anchor department, they don't have much in terms of replacements unless they hired from outside.

I wish they get someone a little older than Susan. She always seemed too young. Don't get me wrong because I did like Susan but as already stated, she wasn't main anchor material.

Natasha Brown worked well with Chris May in substituting and is solid. Good replacement, imo, if they can't find no one else.

Per Molly Eichel in the Daily News and Chris May on Facebook. Hell of a situation she was thrown into upon her arrival, I'd say she made the most of it.

Very weird looking back at a few weeks ago when when 3 had that blonde sub in from WCBS who looked like a younger Barnett carbon copy. Eek.

Are you talking about Alice Gainer?

I hope they don't move Erika Von Tiehl, as I like her & Ukee together in the morning.

Reading Susan's twitter account she had been using sickness as her reason for not being on TV...up until the annoucment that she wasn't coming back. Even some of her co-workers wished her well, so I don't know if she was really sick, or that was an excuse used to explain why she wasn't on tv while they negotiated a new contract.

I hope they don't move Erika Von Tiehl, as I like her & Ukee together in the morning.

Reading Susan's twitter account she had been using sickness as her reason for not being on TV...up until the annoucment that she wasn't coming back. Even some of her co-workers wished her well, so I don't know if she was really sick, or that was an excuse used to explain why she wasn't on tv while they negotiated a new contract.

Me either but I doubt they would do that.

I think at the time Susan became 3's lead female lady, they needed someone like her after Lane. She provided a stable presence that 3 needed at that time. With stations now going with one anchor when it presents itself, maybe 3 would have Chris May solo at 6 and 11 and have Pat co-anchor with him at 5?

• 1 month later...

So has a Natasha been anchoring lately because it sure seems like it from photos on twitter from her and various reporters. From the looks of it, she has been doing an excellent job plus she works well with Chris. It seems like all of CBS stations been holding out from WCBS, WFOR, and WBBM. All of these station are looking for an anchor to fill prominent roles at each station.

Archived