Anyone notice that Rob Jennings always seems uncomfortable around Melissa Magee?

TVNewsAnalyzer

Seems like everytime i watch these two together on Sunday Rob always has this uncomfortable look when talking to Melissa Magee right before she does the weather. I wonder what that is about?

He doesn't act like that around Ducis Rodgers

Yeah you're seeing something that isn't there bro

He is an old white man. How do you expect him to act around people of color? He thinks of blacks and Asians as less then him and feels threatened that they are on the same newscast together.

I never liked Rob Jennings to begin with and I don't watch WPVI because of how they discriminate against women and non-whites.

Rob subbed in for Jim during the week one time retard

He is an old white man. How do you expect him to act around people of color? He thinks of blacks and Asians as less then him and feels threatened that they are on the same newscast together.

I never liked Rob Jennings to begin with and I don't watch WPVI because of how they discriminate against women and non-whites.

This is turning into a great thread.

Way to go stereotyping people. An old white man so he must be a bigot!! I don't even think he's super old.

WPVI discriminates? Is that why on the 11pm news the sports person is black and the weather person is a female? Is that why in the AM, noon, 4pm, 5pm, and 10pm one of the co-anchors is black? They're doing a good job of fooling me!

You've gotta be kidding me.

Okay, so far I got down that Pat Battle is fat and Rob Jennings is racist...anyone else you'd like me to add to the list?

Participation on this forum is not a popularity contest, but you're losing, anyway.

This forum is where all the action is! Just to mention though, I've seen plenty of "non whites" on WPVI the times I've checked them out. Seriously though if you're watching the news because of the presenters race then you're watching for the wrong reasons.

Wow. I mean, seriously... wow. Just... wow. And... wow.

I'd make a comment about how that would violate EEO policies and jeopardize the station if they were doing that, or that they have had minorities in prominent parts of the lineup even during the Jim-Gary-Dave troika at 6 and 11...

...but I won't. Because if I don't do this, nobody else will. So...

Excuse me a minute.

GardnerFacepalmBig.jpg

Old, white man...nice touch.

I kid, of course.

How about a somewhat younger, former wrestling announcer who made the exact face I made upon seeing this thread? Still white, though.

And seriously, this thread has earned at least two WTF images, and I don't like repeating myself.

TonyFaceBig.jpg

The truth hurts and that is why you are all getting mad. Tell me any other station in a major market that has an old white man anchoring SOLO on the main 6&11pm news. It's 2013 and you are telling me they can't find a qualified woman of color. I'm assuming all of you are white and you don't know the struggles that we have to face on a daily basis.

I personally prefer New York News because the anchors are better and there is more diversity. Also, the black female anchors are the WHITEST black women they could find and the only Asian anchor is on the Sunday morning graveyard slot.

The truth hurts and that is why you are all getting mad. Tell me any other station in a major market that has an old white man anchoring SOLO on the main 6&11pm news. It's 2013 and you are telling me they can't find a qualified woman of color. I'm assuming all of you are white and you don't know the struggles that we have to face on a daily basis.

I personally prefer New York News because the anchors are better and there is more diversity. Also, the black female anchors are the WHITEST black women they could find and the only Asian anchor is on the Sunday morning graveyard slot.

Just drop it. I am Hispanic and you are full of shit. Just stop waving the damn race card. That old white man anchoring SOLO on the main 6 & 11pm News may be less racist and have more personality than you. Therefore, your argument is invalid. And WCAUTVNBC10 correct me if I'm wrong please, but Renee Chenault Fattah is anchoring the 6/11p News solo right? So for you Newsguru, there is a counterbalance to the old white man anchoring solo. You have an old black woman anchoring the 6/11pm news on NBC10.

Just drop it. I am Hispanic and you are full of shit. Just stop waving the damn race card. That old white man anchoring SOLO on the main 6 & 11pm News may be less racist and have more personality than you. Therefore, your argument is invalid. And WCAUTVNBC10 correct me if I'm wrong please, but Renee Chenault Fattah is anchoring the 6/11p News solo right? So for you Newsguru, there is a counterbalance to the old white man anchoring solo. You have an old black woman anchoring the 6/11pm news on NBC10.

This

Some people have posters of singers and athletes on their walls. I want a poster of you, for you are my new hero.

You must not remember that WABC used to do the same thing with Bill Beutel.

Whitest black woman?? If that's not being racist, what is? Using a skin color as a way of describing characteristics of a person?

My guess is that you probably face your struggles because of your ignorance and obnoxiousness, not because of your skin color.

So this is what I missed out on today on this forum. What truth? You're just making up stuff and stereotyping. Whitest black woman?! You've got to be kidding me…

Thank you! I'm Hispanic too, and I thought his posts were absolutely ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but your arguments make absolutely no sense at all.

The truth hurts and that is why you are all getting mad. Tell me any other station in a major market that has an old white man anchoring SOLO on the main 6&11pm news. It's 2013 and you are telling me they can't find a qualified woman of color.

--WPVI has been known to take an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality to their news operation. They practically have heritage status in the market, probably the likes of no other station (if not very few stations) in the country--so if something as relatively simple
, imagine if they upset the apple cart by adding a co-anchor (of ANY color) on the weekends.

I'm assuming all of you are white and you don't know the struggles that we have to face on a daily basis.

--Wrong. I'm black.

I personally prefer New York News because the anchors are better and there is more diversity. Also, the black female anchors are the WHITEST black women they could find...

-- Dana Tyler? Janice Huff (not an anchor, but still)? Even Sue Simmons? They don't really fit your "whitest black women" mold from what I've seen of them.

...and the only Asian anchor is on the Sunday morning graveyard slot.

--Not quite.

As mentioned, stop playing the race card. You're grasping at straws and making assumptions that have no basis whatsoever.

That old white man is the dean of tv journalism in Philadelphia. He's thoroughly earned the right to anchor Action News solo at 6 and 11 as long as he wants to. I bet you don't have the balls to tell Jim Gardner that he doesn't deserve his job.

Being black myself, I don't have a problem with WPVI. Say what you will about Rob Jennings and Jim Gardner, they are well respected in the Delaware Valley, and I'm pretty sure it's not because they are "old white men"; rather because they are solid and iconic newspeople. If I get a job in TV news, I would love to have HALF the popularity of these two. Besides, the station has Shirleen at 4 & 10, and Rick Williams at Noon & 5 (Correct me if I'm wrong), and both are black.

Personally, when I look at TV news, I don't go scanning for people of color, I look for the quality of the journalism, but that's me.

Archived