PIX 11 News Changes

nynewslover

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NewsHound

Maybe this is a permanent arrangement. Move Craig Allen to weeknights and get rid of the problem, G.

Just saw a post from Chris Knowles on Facebook.. He's coming back to PIX he will be on tomorrow night.

I am quite confident that Chris Knowles is getting a boatload of money to return to Channel 11, especially after Bill Carey shafted him before.

Anyway, his (re)hiring could mean one of two things...Either Craig Allen is getting the boot (I hope that's not the case), or he is getting promoted.

Which, itself can mean one thing...Either G or Linda Church is gone. I do not see WPIX bringing back Knowles just because. There is no room on the newscasts for four weather personalities, unless they are planning to expand the newscasts, and I don't think they are in any position financially to do so.

We probably won't know the whole story until Monday at the earliest, so I will stop here.

Personally if it did happen to be Linda Church leaving which I really don't think it is Id rather see Chris moved to mornings.. Sadly it's probably Craig Allen thats leaving but we will see. I'm just happy Chris Knowles is back i always liked him.

Frankly, only if there is to be Morning news on the weekends, the four meteorologists would fit their schedules. Also, I noticed PIX used a different lower third for their teases. It has a bluish backdrop with the circle 11 logo. I them better than the L3s they're using now. Another change is that PIX started to use Jim Cutlers voiceovers for (only ) the Help me Howard coming up teases.

Just saw a post from Chris Knowles on Facebook.. He's coming back to PIX he will be on tomorrow night.

Did his Facebook post mention he was coming back permanently? I think it could just be the case that he's filling in. If he does come back, maybe he takes the early AM hour and replaces Steve MacLaughlin, who also has a job at at CT station.

Frankly, only if there is to be Morning news on the weekends, the four meteorologists would fit their schedules. Also, I noticed PIX used a different lower third for their teases. It has a bluish backdrop with the circle 11 logo. I them better than the L3s they're using now. Another change is that PIX started to use Jim Cutlers voiceovers for (only ) the Help me Howard coming up teases.

I've heard Howard Thompson do a voiceover for the Morning News tease commercial.

I am quite confident that Chris Knowles is getting a boatload of money to return to Channel 11, especially after Bill Carey shafted him before.

Anyway, his (re)hiring could mean one of two things...Either Craig Allen is getting the boot (I hope that's not the case), or he is getting promoted.

Which, itself can mean one thing...Either G or Linda Church is gone. I do not see WPIX bringing back Knowles just because. There is no room on the newscasts for four weather personalities, unless they are planning to expand the newscasts, and I don't think they are in any position financially to do so.

We probably won't know the whole story until Monday at the earliest, so I will stop here.

Chris Knowles is most certainly not getting a "boatload" of money. He hasn't appeared on TV regularly since he was let go at WPIX.

Dan Mannarino is anchoring mornings this whole week. He was not on this past weekend. Sources say his co anchoring on weekends has ended. Some say it was only a test run but I didn't get that impression from any of the articles that were written or his facebook posts. That's a head scratcher because I thought he fit in nicely with Kaity and Craig

CONFIRMED....Dan Mannarino is OUT as WPIX weekend co-anchor, but will remain with the station as a reporter. This and other developments: http://newyorkmedia.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/dan-mannarino-bumped-from-wpix-weekend-anchor-duties/

CONFIRMED....Dan Mannarino is OUT as WPIX weekend co-anchor, but will remain with the station as a reporter. This and other developments: http://newyorkmedia.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/dan-mannarino-bumped-from-wpix-weekend-anchor-duties/

That's embarrassing. They should be ashamed of themselves. At this point who knows if they'll ever make a comeback?

More trouble for WPIX...Tamsen Fadal made an appearance on CBS' "The Talk" this past Monday, and not many co-workers are happy about this..... http://newyorkmedia.wordpress.com/2013/06/27/wpixs-tamsen-fadal-appearance-on-cbs-angers-her-pix-colleagues/#more-657

I really don't see the big deal. It was good exposure for Tamsen, and lets be honest...PIX as well. Tamsen is better suited for a talk show role, or as a morning anchor (where she was.)

• 2 weeks later...

WPIX has changed the format of the 4:30am-6am hours back to a more traditional news cast.

Craig and Lisa are the main anchors at the news desk.

Lionel is no longer the host and doing the "What you need to know." with the text on the right of the screen.

He now sits to the right of Craig and Lisa at the desk doing a quick commentary after some of the stories and reports..

Archived