The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

Did they seriously have the same people in the same order tonight?

Will Jones' cold weather live shot immediately followed Phil, while Michelle was after that at a department store.

Good thing history didn't repeat itself, as Phil did most of his hit with the AR graphics on the south end of the studio. :D

I think this is a first time WLS has done abbreviated weekday morning newscast. The last Xmas newscast that fell on a weekday (two years ago on a Friday) went full 2hr-30m length.

I remember many years ago (even as late of the mid 90s) when on major holidays like this, they didn't have a morning broadcast at all. But would do a local news cut-in from the newsroom @ :25/:55 on the 6am hour during World News This Morning.

Phil was back on this AM, with his red blazer. That tradition continues.

I think this is a first time WLS has done abbreviated weekday morning newscast. The last Xmas newscast that fell on a weekday (two years ago on a Friday) went full 2hr-30m length.

I remember many years ago (even as late of the mid 90s) when on major holidays like this, they didn't have a morning broadcast at all. But would do a local news cut-in from the newsroom @ :25/:55 on the 6am hour during World News This Morning.

Phil was back on this AM, with his red blazer. That tradition continues.

Okay, so I'm not losing it. As for the blazer, I love that he always wears it, but that gold turtleneck needs to be burned in the video fireplace they sat in front of at the end of the show.

• Like 3

"Hey, do we have the new guy's name in the system?"

"Yeah, put up the graphic."

"Wait, I'm gonna make sure it's corre-"

"Just put it up. It's fine."

[ATTACH=full]4937[/ATTACH]

What’s the guys name? You should submit it to @abc7error on twitter. You should see the number of screw up at the mouse in the #2 market.

• Like 2

What’s the guys name? You should submit it to @abc7error on twitter. You should see the number of screw up at the mouse in the #2 market.

I'm a follower and contributor, already. As for the graphic, Mark Rivera is correct, but they spelled Diane Pathieu wrong. :D

• Like 1

There are a handful of reporters that don't have Twitter accounts, so it's likely just personal. Her bio is on the website with a Facebook link only. I wouldn't think too much into it, especially with her highest-profile gig of the year later tonight.

Phil Schwarz on a Friday night? What's the world coming to?

He was off since at least the middle of last week, and Cheryl's been hinting that she's getting run down by some illness (Tracy has the flu, and Jerry might be under the weather, too), so they probably asked him to do a few shows tonight to relieve her a little.

• Like 1