The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

Nice shade from Jessica D'Onofrio: "It will be interesting if the President will be tweeting about the outcome of the race this morning."

Last night, he tweeted this:

[MEDIA=twitter]940795587733151744[/MEDIA]

I’m having trouble figuring out what you are trying to connect here?

Yes he congratulated Jones but that means nothing. Trump is known to go off half cocked at a moments notice even after he says the opposite of what he rants. So her statement isn’t to throw shade, it’s a safe bet that he won’t be normal and not mention Moore’s loss the next day. He was very likely to go on a rant, his own congratulations be damned.

• Like 2

It's Taft, isn't it? Sigh.

That would be my guess, but that's just me putting some separate signs together. Cheryl Scott's been at the station 3 years now, so this is about how long I might've expected Jerry to continue. Besides, I'd rather see him retire than see Phil or Tracy be fired. All this said, I would hope he'd stay through February sweeps and get the current 6pm team to a 20th anniversary.

On the bright side, hiring a meteorologist signals to me that they'll continue with 2 weather folks on weeknights...unless they make multiple moves.

He reported last night on the 4, getting intro'd by fellow U of I grads Rob and Judy. He also went to Elgas' high school. It turns out that Mark went to journalism school with my best friend's fiance.

I hate being right, but the hints were becoming too obvious. For better or worse, I'm not surprised that Larry's name is being assumed as a successor in some form. I'm disappointed that it's not Phil, but Larry is very solid and has cost and age on his side. That said, nothing's confirmed.

In reference to the header image on the Feder article, I need to start a drinking game where I take a shot every time a screenshot from a video I've posted or a demo logo that's been shown here is used in other public forums.

• Like 5

I could picture Cheryl on the 5, 6, and 10pm with Larry on the 4 and 7pm (If the 7pm still exists next year).

It does kinda sound like Larry is getting a weekday role after Jerry retires.

Who would do weekend mornings if that were to happen? Schwarz returning?

• Like 3

I'd imagine McGinnis will get most shifts. They could just continue with the Schwarz/Mowry cycle on weeknights, too, if they don't want to name an immediate successor/can't come up with the weekend replacement in due time.

• Like 4

Kathy joked at 6 that they have a month to make fun of Jerry. I know that that's mostly a joke, but if the announcement on Facebook was any indication, they are prepared to embrace the humor as they look back.

"Here we go..."

• Like 2