The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

That awkward moment when the old ride and the new ride cross paths.

11116843_1553396614921720_1766101719_n.jpg

No, I don't know if the old one is still in use, though I am curious as to the purpose of the old one retaining branding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, for storm coverage, Terrell was at the storm site this morning, Judy and Linda anchored at 11, and both Cheryls are out there this afternoon. Alan is holding fort downtown for Ron at 5. Of course, that doesn't include the likely half dozen reporters that will spend time out there today.

Woah wait a sec. I thought Chopper 7 HD just got a paint job. I had never realized that they got an entirely new chopper. Do you think it's because it can provide more coverage/breaking news having two? During a time when Chicago news choppers are fading out more and more, I'm in complete shock that they have 2!!

I knew that they had gotten a new chopper. I think they ran a few promos, though it wasn't as repetitive as some promos and plugs they've aired. I did not realize, also, that the other one was still around. You'd think having two would be something to brag about.

Before tonight, when was the last time Cheryl filled in for Ron at 10?

Seriously, it's been that long.

Ha! It's funny that you say that because I literally was just so confused, sitting here thinking "since when did Cheryl Scott ever fill-in as a news anchor." It's been forever since I've seen Burton truly as a full "contributor" on air that she completely slipped my mind for a second.. Or two! Haha.

This is really random, pointless, and a waste of a post, but is he wearing the same tie in both images? I ask because the image on the left is from last night, and the other is from today.

ron%20tie_zpsal2gmbyv.png

It's kind of odd to me that, working in television, (1) the anchor wouldn't notice his tie choice, and (2) someone working with him wouldn't notice. I dunno, call me crazy.

This is really random, pointless, and a waste of a post, but is he wearing the same tie in both images? I ask because the image on the left is from last night, and the other is from today.

ron%20tie_zpsal2gmbyv.png

It's kind of odd to me that, working in television, (1) the anchor wouldn't notice his tie choice, and (2) someone working with him wouldn't notice. I dunno, call me crazy.

Yes he is.... You may be the only guy who noticed and bothered to care :D Good catch.

Since the door has been opened (if you will), it looks like he is wearing the same shirt too. There appears to be makeup residue on the collar that is somewhat similar, but more pronounced today on one side given the angle. I could be totally wrong given that I'm dealing with an eye infection. :(

No, no. I see it, too. And, I'll be damned if those lapels don't look very similar, too. Taking into account that the late news has more blue-ish lighting, I'd guess that's the same suit, too.

All kidding aside, hopefully everything is okay. Maybe he had a laundry mishap, messing up today's outfit, forcing him to use yesterday's pieces that might have still been at 190 North...which is airing one of its semi-regular episodes this weekend, BTW. (Great segue, I know.)

UNFILTERED, BOREDOM-INFLUENCED SPECULATION: Maybe they were shooting promos over a period lasting several days, and those promos required him to wear the same suit. He either forgot to change the tie or didn't care, as probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 people noticed.

#suitgate2015 #thisstuffmatters

UNFILTERED, BOREDOM-INFLUENCED SPECULATION: Maybe they were shooting promos over a period lasting several days, and those promos required him to wear the same suit. He either forgot to change the tie or didn't care, as probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 people noticed.

#suitgate2015 #thisstuffmatters

#lightbulb #idea #maybeyouareontosomething

BREAKING: He's wearing a different shirt and tie (the suit is dark, so I can't tell if that's changed).

This is not a drill!

Realistically how often does a suit jacket really need changing? I would think less than everyday...