The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

If iofftirs up the right group of people she will be terminated faster than the wind speeds in an EF5 tornado. Sharp is high profile enough of a person for Scott to become a complete distraction if it blows up.

On the flip side the ratings could bounce up...

Unless some photos and/or a video pops up, there really isn't enough proof of anything for anyone to cause a stink over. Aside from a few negative posts on her Facebook page, most people seem to not care. ABC 7 is really invested in her it seems, so unless an avalanche of evidence were to be produced, this will blow over.

Unless some photos and/or a video pops up, there really isn't enough proof of anything for anyone to cause a stink over. Aside from a few negative posts on her Facebook page, most people seem to not care. ABC 7 is really invested in her it seems, so unless an avalanche of evidence were to be produced, this will blow over.

Well if folks are trying hard enough somebody will get a picture, but I agree (and hope) it blows over.

Makes sense, ns8401. I was the same way. I was just clarifying who Sharp (being married meaning) was that's all because I knew the public would start speculating right away. I agree. It's none of my business. Cheryl Scott's page has already been flooded with nasty comments. To me, that's nobodys place or business. It has nothing to do with her job. People need to worry about them.

Makes sense, ns8401. I was the same way. I was just clarifying who Sharp (being married meaning) was that's all because I knew the public would start speculating right away. I agree. It's none of my business. Cheryl Scott's page has already been flooded with nasty comments. To me, that's nobodys place or business. It has nothing to do with her job. People need to worry about them.

That's too bad. She shouldn't be attacked for that. All that matters is that her forecast is accurate and that the hawks win. The people throwing stones probably live in glass houses anyways...

WLS didn't shy away from briefly mentioning (some of) the Patrick Sharp rumors and his response to said rumors during tonight's 10P newscast. Hopefully, this will be the end of it.

WLS didn't shy away from briefly mentioning (some of) the Patrick Sharp rumors and his response to said rumors during tonight's 10P newscast. Hopefully, this will be the end of it.

I assume they didn't include Scott in that... I was watching but on the stream so I missed sports...

I assume they didn't include Scott in that... I was watching but on the stream so I missed sports...

No...just rumors about him being traded and his relationship with teammates and the like. No media outlet (TV or print) that I have seen/read has gone beyond that (meaning...no mention of Scott or anything else of a personal nature). I would assume it will stay that way.

Oh and it seems you are not able to few posts made by others on Scott's FB page anymore. Probably thanks to those idiots who believe rumors and have big mouths!

also the Caplan loyalists who believed Mike was ran out by Cheryl and who believes his forecasts are the word and no one else holds a candle to him

Here's what she posted this morning...

"Some think they have the right to "write" just anything. Let me say this... RUMORS will never be truth. I feel bad for anyone who has had to go through a time when their world was interrupted because of hateful, negative words. Let's all remember, we WRITE our OWN stories! Nobody else can steal that pen away."

That's too bad. She shouldn't be attacked for that. All that matters is that her forecast is accurate and that the hawks win. The people throwing stones probably live in glass houses anyways...

While you're both mostly right in that it's nobody's business, I feel it is her employer's business. I say that because how you act in your personal life affects your image, which many times affects your station's image. I believe a lot of news people have clauses in their contracts stating such and as grounds for termination.

While you're both mostly right in that it's nobody's business, I feel it is her employer's business. I say that because how you act in your personal life affects your image, which many times affects your station's image. I believe a lot of news people have clauses in their contracts stating such and as grounds for termination.

Yeah if it's proven.. Right now it's just a rumor and likely will remain that way.. I think people need to worry about their own lives and what they do instead of getting involved with everyone else's.. Public Figure or not

That's part of what I was saying.... I just doubt it'll get there although that "we all write our own stories" thing sounds a little glossy.

Yeah if it's proven.. Right now it's just a rumor and likely will remain that way.. I think people need to worry about their own lives and what they do instead of getting involved with everyone else's.. Public Figure or not

Yeah, you're right. It's a rumor now and should have no bearing on her employment status unless it becomes fact. I agree people need to worry about their own lives, but it's part of the territory when you become a public figure, whether it's fair or not.

That's part of what I was saying.... I just doubt it'll get there although that "we all write our own stories" thing sounds a little glossy.

I agree. It was kind of a bizarrely worded deflection, but I still really don't think there's anything to see here. This may damage her image a little bit, but I highly doubt that anything else will come of this.

Her response to comments on a facebook post:

I'm not skating by any issue. There is no truth to the rumor. ZERO! It's sad some have to dabble in people's personal lives with false information. I'm sorry you all have to hear such nonsense too. It's not fair to anyone. The only thing we can do... is stay true to who we are... Move on... &... chin up!

I'm not skating by any issue. There is no truth to the rumor. ZERO! It's sad some have to dabble in people's personal lives with false information. I'm sorry you all have to hear such nonsense too. It's not fair to anyone. The only thing we can do... is stay true to who we are... Move on... &... chin up!

This one is more reasonable except the last sentence which is kind of deflective...

First, I am surprised she posted (or was allowed to post) anything at all. Management/PR probably should have stepped in and came up with a simple response and posted that on FB, Twitter, etc... While I get you want to, in your own words, defend yourself, that may not be the best decision.

These posts make her sound somewhat defensive and deflective. I fear this situation isn't going away anytime soon.

First, I am surprised she posted (or was allowed to post) anything at all. Management/PR probably should have stepped in and came up with a simple response and posted that on FB, Twitter, etc... While I get you want to, in your own words, defend yourself, that may not be the best decision.

These posted make her sound somewhat defensive and deflective. I fear this situation isn't going away anytime soon.

And if it gets worse and dogs her long enough her Q score will fall which could put her replacing Jerry in jeopardy.

See i don't know the whole situation (whether they're friends or if someone just started a rumor) but either way she's being more vocal than others in this situation. That makes me believe nothing happened. IF something did happen and she was being this vocal in denying it she'd be screwed in trying to clear it up and would never work in a major market again. Rumors like this ruin people it's not fun trust me I know no matter how big or small. It sucks and people should stop.

See i don't know the whole situation (whether they're friends or if someone just started a rumor) but either way she's being more vocal than others in this situation. That makes me believe nothing happened. IF something did happen and she was being this vocal in denying it she'd be screwed in trying to clear it up and would never work in a major market again. Rumors like this ruin people it's not fun trust me I know no matter how big or small. It sucks and people should stop.

Basically, what we have here is ONE website with absolutely no journalistic credibility at all, that has the word "mockery" in its title, cited four unnamed sources that they claim were credible and "vetted." It was also reported in the article that Sharp had an affair with a teammate's wife, which seems highly implausible for a number of reasons. Oh, and the author of the article is identified only as "Windycityfan." But, thanks to Twitter, this person's "reporting" gets attention.

This may Seem Irrelevant but who is Joan Esposito because once in a while there is some clown comment's on her pictures after she's out with her friends sayin "She's the next Joan Esposito, No wonder why channel 5 canned her lol"