The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

8 minutes ago, Breaking News said:

How old is Alan? He looks very youthful tbh and a popular mainstay at Ch7.

Just turned 62. He walked in the door 2 weeks before turning 22.

• Like 1

That's it for Alan Krashesky. A true professional, class act of a journalist, reporter and anchor. He had the best retirement speech I've ever heard. Who will be his replacement. I prefer someone who can balance out Cheryl Burton. Rob is good for 4pm and 7pm newscasts as I said before. But. he is not top anchor material and pairing him with Cheryl Burton at 10pm is opening the door for the other stations to catch up in ratings. Ravi, Terrell, and Mark Rivera would be my top contenders for the lead anchor spot. Rob Elgas is not fit for the role. but he'll end up getting it and Ravi gets shafted yet again. 

I wouldn't be surprised if his seat is the normal fill-in arrangement til after the holidays. Between the alleged hiring freeze and an already-thin weekend anchor bench, they can go the platoon route til a normal routine returns.

In his nearly 40 years of anchoring, he succeeded Daly at 4, Drury at 5, Kalber at 6, and Magers at 5 & 10, and yet, his shoes might be the hardest, or most unpredictable to fill.

Alan is WLS. WLS is Alan.

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WeatherandTraffic said:

That's it for Alan Krashesky. A true professional, class act of a journalist, reporter and anchor. He had the best retirement speech I've ever heard. Who will be his replacement. I prefer someone who can balance out Cheryl Burton. Rob is good for 4pm and 7pm newscasts as I said before. But. he is not top anchor material and pairing him with Cheryl Burton at 10pm is opening the door for the other stations to catch up in ratings. Ravi, Terrell, and Mark Rivera would be my top contenders for the lead anchor spot. Rob Elgas is not fit for the role. but he'll end up getting it and Ravi gets shafted yet again. 

WGN will likely continue nipping at WLS's heels, but it's highly unlikely any station will be able to overtake them overall.

19 minutes ago, 24994J said:

Once again, congrats to Alan on a great career, a true Chicago legend. With everyone at the desk for the tributes and the after 10pm hugging, are they ever going to go back to normal and stop social distancing? It was nice seeing the closing of the newscasts pre-pandemic again. This is the only station in Chicago that still does the social distancing and has been the more strict with it throughout the pandemic.