Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

The Definitive ABC 7 Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Longtime anchor Joel Daly, passed away this morning at the age of 86.

We don't know what type of working relationship (or lack thereof) Cheryl and Mark have, so while I agree the comment in question doesn't seem like a big deal, WE don't know the full story (and may nev

Kathy Brock loses mother to Covid-19, while her father remains in an ICU   https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-coronavirus-chicago-news-anchor-kathy-brock-20200413-62etw5tzxve5dpx6

Posted Images

So, this is new. The recent morning promo look (the shades of blue and yellow, minus any GMA rings) has made it into a new rejoin, debuting on December 23rd. I believe this only airs during the 4:30 half hour (I know not at 6, but unsure about at 5), which is odd, as Samantha Chatman doesn't appear that early. Either way, this replaces the talentless rejoins that launched after Tanja was promoted in 2016. It feels like a very soft launch, so I'm not even going to post it to YouTube until it shows up later in the show.

 

Edited by 24994J
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 24994J said:

So, this is new. The recent morning promo look (the shades of blue and yellow, minus any GMA rings) has made it into a new rejoin, debuting on December 23rd. I believe this only airs during the 4:30 half hour (I know not at 6, but unsure about at 5), which is odd, as Samantha Chatman doesn't appear that early. Either way, this replaces the talentless rejoins that launched after Tanja was promoted in 2016. It feels like a very soft launch, so I'm not even going to post it to YouTube until it shows up later in the show.

 

 

It looks like something you’d use for a bumper promo in the middle of a set of commercials more than a rejoin... quicker and easier than a full blown rejoin I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2020 at 10:29 AM, Georgie56 said:

Makes me wonder if they're going back to one title for the morning show instead of "ABC 7 Eyewitness News at 4:30, 5, etc.".

 

I'd welcome it, though I'd prefer the 'This Morning' branding, most of all.

 

Meanwhile, Liz Nagy filled in for both Ravi and Karen last Saturday night. There's no set regular fill-in when they're both off, as it's so infrequent, so that's no big deal, but I was surprised to see Liz anchoring with Ravi tonight. The NFL game was not in primetime on ABC, but apparently they were ready to go on at 6:30 (which got scrubbed), so maybe that was the reason. I can't think of the last time, if ever, he got a co-anchor on a weekend, in Karen's absence. Karen had a few, during her 2 pregnancies, of course.

 

 

Edited by 24994J
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, 24994J said:

 

I'd welcome it, though I'd prefer the 'This Morning' branding, most of all.

 

Meanwhile, Liz Nagy filled in for both Ravi and Karen last Saturday night. There's no set regular fill-in when they're both off, as it's so infrequent, so that's no big deal, but I was surprised to see Liz anchoring with Ravi tonight. The NFL game was not in primetime on ABC, but apparently they were ready to go on at 6:30 (which got scrubbed), so maybe that was the reason. I can't think of the last time, if ever, he got a co-anchor on a weekend, in Karen's absence. Karen had a few, during her 2 pregnancies, of course.

 

 

I’ll second the “This Morning” branding rather than “In The Morning” which sounds like its going to happen tomorrow rather than now...

 

My, Ravi is rather outnumbered on the set tonight isn’t he? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ns8401 said:

My, Ravi is rather outnumbered on the set tonight isn’t he? 

 

My mom said it was "Skinny White Women in Black Night...and Ravi" on ABC 7. 🤣

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Veteran (semi-retired) reporter Paul Meincke is recovering out west after a trip to the ER resulted in him having heart surgery. He'll be recovering away from home til at least April.

 

https://www.robertfeder.com/2020/01/24/former-abc-7-reporter-paul-meincke-recovering-heart-surgery/

 

 

Edited by 24994J
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In a continuing quest for sports coverage and lighter content, Mark Giangreco is dusting off some old bits he used to do in the 90's. Welcome back to Make Mark Do Your Job.

 

https://abc7chicago.com/entertainment/video-vault-make-mark-do-your-job-is-back/6019582/

Edited by 24994J
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In an effort to not get too cute with fill-in assignments, and to keep anchors only (and Giangreco) in the studio, Karen Jordan got called in early to fill in for Stacey, which I believe to be a first in her 17 years working weekend evenings.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like the good folks at channel 7 pissed off viewers, blurring the faces of white gun holders intimidating protesters at a NW In diana march.  After the backlash, WLS deleted their social media posting of the tape, and replaced it with the raw footage. More from Scott Jones: 

 

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2020/6/8/blurred-lines-in-chicago

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.