The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

The reception on my digital tuner has been flawless since the change, when it could be a little touchy before, so the new antenna is doing its job.

By the way, would April 28th be the first Saturday of sweeps? I only ask, because things are up, and gotta be coming soon. Most pieces only feature the updated logo, and paired with the same Helvetica set, I have a feeling the new look will be a significant, though not necessarily completely new package, In addition to the new weather promos, these all have rolled out in the last few week, with this first one debuting just yesterday (note, the angled lines in the background match the current full screens, just flatter)...

e14.thumb.png.b5ef7ac24ee9d7edeedce1335c0ba033.png

493114266_bandicam2018-01-0116-51-19-577.thumb.png.bc4b157602fefbb753d65d1800937396.png

150941565_bandicam2018-04-1011-46-17-342.thumb.png.ff0c3f83ac712ffe5add699a69956d0c.png

97198074_bandicam2018-04-1717-02-09-534.thumb.png.d884d17ffc178dada4ba7a1a8ac8b0a6.png

The reception on my digital tuner has been flawless since the change, when it could be a little touchy before, so the new antenna is doing its job.

By the way, would April 28th be the first Saturday of sweeps? I only ask, because things are up, and gotta be coming soon. Most pieces only feature the updated logo, and paired with the same Helvetica set, I have a feeling the new look will be a significant, though not necessarily completely new package, In addition to the new weather promos, these all have rolled out in the last few week, with this first one debuting just yesterday (note, the angled lines in the background match the current full screens, just flatter)...

[ATTACH=full]5831[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5834[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]5833[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]5832[/ATTACH]

Maybe those long awaited talent opens will appear?

Not saying that it'll happen again, but if history serves, they've done cosmetic changes the Saturday before the books, instead of the first Saturday of. The EWN 2013 rebrand & the set change two years later, all happened on the Saturday before the November sweeps.

• Like 3

Who is filling in for Cheryl while she is off partying at Coachella?

Phil does the 5 and Larry's shift at 7, while the former fills in at 10. Phil will do the 4, 6 and 7 in Larry's absence.

They've used those for online-only/social media stuff for at least a year. Based on the new promos, that online material matches in font and color palette, but I highly doubt it's any real preview.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Diane Pathieu is the main fill in for Roz for traffic again. In march, when Roz was off for a week and again today, it's been Diane and not Kristin Byrne. Now that Disney is in cost cutting mode, it makes more since to have Diane fill in on traffic than Kristin.

I think Diane Pathieu is the main fill in for Roz for traffic again. In march, when Roz was off for a week and again today, it's been Diane and not Kristin Byrne. Now that Disney is in cost cutting mode, it makes more since to have Diane fill in on traffic than Kristin.

I think Byrne is still the main fill-in for Roz. She’s younger than Pathieu and cheaper.

• Like 2

Like Mark McGinnis, Kristin is also freelancing at WTMJ in Milwaukee. Diane is more readily available, as they're not competing for her hours. Ironically, 'TMJ is where Diane was hired from.

• 2 weeks later...