The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

• 2 weeks later...
Oh man. Might he hang it up soon?

At this point, who knows, but I'm assuming the plan is for him to return. It looks like the surgery was earlier this week and went well, but this post from just before really explains what all went wrong. Having had a family member deal with intestine-related surgery, it is nothing to take lightly. Hopefully he's finally on the mend.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10214430678655609

• 3 weeks later...

Per two Feder reports, 2 part-timers have left ABC 7. Traffic fill-in Kristin Byrne, who's done work in Chicago and Milwaukee, is joining WTMJ full-time. Meanwhile, reporter Megan Hickey is leaving for a full-time role at WBBM.

Per two Feder reports, 2 part-timers have left ABC 7. Traffic fill-in Kristin Byrne, who's done work in Chicago and Milwaukee, is joining WTMJ full-time. Meanwhile, reporter Megan Hickey is leaving for a full-time role at WBBM.

Part-timer at WLS = Everyone in Chicago knows who you are

Full-timer at WBBM = No one in Chicago knows who you are

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If I were guess, she's probably freelancing. Meanwhile, digital reporter and resident young person Jesse Kirsch has started filing occasional on-air reports, after a year and a half at the station.

[MEDIA=instagram]Bpk6ol0BsGG[/MEDIA]

Edited by Guest

If I were guess, she's probably freelancing. Meanwhile, digital reporter and resident young person Jesse Kirsch has started filing occasional on-air reports, after a year and a half at the station.

[MEDIA=instagram]Bpk6ol0BsGG[/MEDIA]

I thought you were being sarcastic with resident young person. But I looked at his Instagram and he only graduated from Northwestern in 2017.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While WGN and WMAQ have Tom Skilling and Brant Miller in tonight, WLS is using Tracy Butler and Phil Schwarz together on team coverage. I'm kinda surprised, since I figured they'd definitely want Tracy there tomorrow morning, as the blizzard will be continuing through the morning commute. I wonder if Tracy will also appear on the 10pm tonight or if she'll go home after this newscast and come back in the morning.

• Like 2

While WGN and WMAQ have Tom Skilling and Brant Miller in tonight, WLS is using Tracy Butler and Phil Schwarz together on team coverage. I'm kinda surprised, since I figured they'd definitely want Tracy there tomorrow morning, as the blizzard will be continuing through the morning commute. I wonder if Tracy will also appear on the 10pm tonight or if she'll go home after this newscast and come back in the morning.

They're on the air at 4am, so I'd guess she might spend the night downtown. Hell, Phil, who was off last night, and didn't appear during the week (Mark and Larry were at the helm for the holiday), might be on with her tomorrow.

Meanwhile, in regards to Skilling...

[MEDIA=twitter]1066829951805136898[/MEDIA]

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the anchor bench is going to be back to full strength this week, just in time for all the wacky holiday anchor pairings. Hosea should be returning this week.

Edited by 24994J

• 2 weeks later...

I still miss Janet Davies co-anchoring early shows before going out to host New Years Eve. Christmas morning is fun, these days, with Terrell and Phil at 6am, the former on the interview set, a fireplace on the monitors behind him, the latter in his once a year red blazer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New reporter at ABC 7. Meghan Kluth joins as a sports and news reporter...and fill-in anchor? After the last few months with Stadium in Chicago, she spent 3 years before that at WGNO in New Orleans.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/meghan-kluth-60776444/

Edited by 24994J

• 4 weeks later...

Something interesting from Feder. Apparently three more anchors/reporters have Democratic family connections (besides Giangreco).

• Tanja Babich is Sen. Dick Durbin’s daughter-in-law
  • Meghan Kluth is Rep. Mike Quigley’s daughter
  • Alexis McAdams is Sheriff Tom Dart’s niece

https://www.robertfeder.com/2019/01/29/robservations-abc-7-newsroom-family-ties-three-politicians/

Edited by Georgie56

• 2 weeks later...