The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

He was off since at least the middle of last week, and Cheryl's been hinting that she's getting run down by some illness (Tracy has the flu, and Jerry might be under the weather, too), so they probably asked him to do a few shows tonight to relieve her a little.

Yeah, I could tell Cheryl caught something because her voice was slightly lower during her weathercast at 4:30.

• Like 2

Larry getting promoted is no surprise, and while I still wish it was Phil, I'm cool with this move. I'm shocked, though, that he's getting 3 newscasts, but that definitely speaks volumes to the WCIU newscast's future.

Larry getting promoted is no surprise, and while I still wish it was Phil, I'm cool with this move. I'm shocked, though, that he's getting 3 newscasts, but that definitely speaks volumes to the WCIU newscast's future.

As in the fact that the WCIU newscast would be ending and leaving Larry with just the 4 and 6?

• Like 1

As in the fact that the WCIU newscast would be ending and leaving Larry with just the 4 and 6?

I have a feeling. I believe the last agreement between the two stations was for two years, two years ago at least one year, a year ago. I haven't heard anything that they re-upped.

It may not be in any danger, anytime soon, but they might be giving Larry the 3 now so they don't have to play with shifts again later, if the do bounce the 7.

• Like 2

ABC 7 will be starting their news at 4AM tomorrow, and Karen Jordan will be filling in, hence her absence on the news tonight.

I will never understand that. Stacey (and Larry, til next week) sometimes has to miss a Saturday shift to fill in on a Friday night, and Karen and Phil (though they usually have him turn both) miss Sundays at 10 to fill in Monday mornings. Wpuldnt it be easier to switch those weekday shifts? I dunno.

A related, random thought I had: I wonder if, like Ravi over Rob, Phil will get a bunch of weeknight 10pm fill-ins over Larry to make up for not getting the weekday promotion.

I have a feeling. I believe the last agreement between the two stations was for two years, two years ago at least one year, a year ago. I haven't heard anything that they re-upped.

It may not be in any danger, anytime soon, but they might be giving Larry the 3 now so they don't have to play with shifts again later, if the do bounce the 7.

And if you get rid of the 7 what happens to hosea?

• Like 1

And if you get rid of the 7 what happens to hosea?

Best case scenario, he takes on a Harry Porterfield/Bill Campbell-like role, continuing the Chicago Proud series, feature reports, local programs, and parades (all stuff he does beyond the 7pm), maybe filling in from time to time. Worst case, none of that.

• Like 5

Alan was on the 7pm newscast tonight. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I assume Hosea and Rob were both off tonight.

Ravi was on at 4, but filed a report during the day. I can't think of the last time Krash did the 7. Heck, Kathy shows up on there more often.

The promos for Jerry are up. I'd imagine they'll begin airing in short order, if they haven't already.

[MEDIA=vimeo]250898221[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=vimeo]251226666[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=vimeo]251225989[/MEDIA]

In addition to those (I'm sure there will be Krashesky and Burton ones), his successors are featured in longer-form pieces.

[MEDIA=vimeo]251226238[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=vimeo]251226370[/MEDIA]

Someone should let the bozos who designed the new app for the O&O’s know that it’s nearly unusable... it has this panel scrolling format instead of a normal scrolling page... yuck.

That's an odd feature, for sure, but it's not hardly my biggest gripe. It's virtually impossible to find anything more than a few days old when THERE'S NO SIMPLE SEARCH FUNCTION. Like really, what the hell?

Oh, and would it be so hard to use the WLS logo and not WABC's?

• Like 1