The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

Who filled in for Cheryl since she was off last night for a friend's wedding

Phil did the 4 and 5, and the 10 on both Thursday and Friday. As far as I know, those are his usual off days, but he (and Larry, for that matter) had been off for like a week and a half before that, post-eclipse.

• Like 1

Last week was busy, dominated by a single story, but the week before Labor Day is likely one of the lowest-rated of the year. The cold open probably wasn't worth the time and effort spent (whether or not it's worth it the rest of the year is debatable), but it's back tonight.

In addition to rebroadcasts of ABC 7 Cubs games, other programs are beginning to see second airings on what's left of the Live Well Network. Windy City Live re-airs at 2pm, immediately following the live show. Episodes of The Chew air weeknights at 7, though they're delayed a week. The real surprise for me, though, is the return of news rebroadcasts. The 11am news, like WCL, sees a rebroadcast immediately after the first airing, at noon. This is the first time in what, like 8 years that 7.2 is being used for such a purpose?

They've been airing the 11am news repeat at noon on 7.2 since WCL moved from 11am to 1pm.

EDIT: TTYTT, I used to love 7.2 before they added Live Well. When they didn't air alot of ads at the time (late '08-early '09), during the breaks on the news repeats, they would air the classic "People Make A Difference" promos with the 10pm anchors, and later replaced with the "Your News, Your Way" promos.

• Like 2

They've been airing the 11am news repeat at noon on 7.2 since WCL moved from 11am to 1pm.

EDIT: TTYTT, I used to love 7.2 before they added Live Well. When they didn't air alot of ads at the time (late '08-early '09), during the breaks on the news repeats, they would air the classic "People Make A Difference" promos with the 10pm anchors, and later replaced with the "Your News, Your Way" promos.

The listing appears to be wrong. The 11am repeat does not air at noon (or at all), based on 4 days of observation.

Anyway, I just stumbled upon this random video of the old newsroom set being ripped out. I didn't realize just how extensive the dismantling was...4 and a half years later.

[MEDIA=vimeo]62935070[/MEDIA]

• 2 weeks later...

Ha.

Alan-Krashesky-1980s-500x661.jpg

For real, though, that line about his and Kathy's 27-year TV marriage made me laugh, as I legitimately thought they were married when I was a kid. Like, Floyd Kalber retired (a newscast I remember watching at age 5) and then they brought in a guy that was close in age that could pass as a spouse to this kindergartener...unlike almost every other newscast that was a woman paired with a guy old enough to be her father. :D