The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

7 got crushed in the 25-54...

From CRM...

http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/8199-abc-7-nbc-5-win-may-2016-sweeps-for-evening-newscasts

'The news is even better for WMAQ-TV in the key demographic of Adults 25-54. NBC 5's 10:00pm newscasts won in that demo for the 13th consecutive book. WMAQ-TV pulled in a 3.6 rating, while WLS-TV only pulled in a 2.7 rating for the May sweeps period.

In fact, WMAQ-TV beat WLS-TV in the Adults 25-54 demo in nearly every newscast, including 4:00am, 4:30am, 5:00am, 6:00am, 4:30pm, 5:00pm, 6:00pm, and 10:00pm. (For the 11:00am newscast this past sweeps period, WMAQ-TV wins in the demo of Women 25-54, but narrowly comes in second for Adults 25-54.)' - CRM

you know it's sad for WBBM when WGN beats them at 10pm.

'For the first time since the introduction of Nielsen's LPMs (Local People Meters) in 2004, WBBM-TV's midday newscast is #1 for households in the Chicago market. WBBM-TV's 11:00am newscast pulled in a 2.1 rating/8 share to be the #1 rated midday newscast, narrowly beating WMAQ-TV and WGN-TV, each with a 2.0 rating and 7 share.

For the early morning and evening newscasts, WBBM-TV can applaud its extremely high year-to-year increases found in the May 2016 sweeps period results -- far more than any other Chicago station, especially in Adults 25-54.

For the early morning weekday newscasts (4:30am-7:00am), WBBM-TV has seen a 100% increase percentage for the Adults 25-54 demo. For the 11:00am weekday newscast, the Adults 25-54 demo increase was 20%. For the 5:00pm weekday newscast, the increase was a whopping 67%.

(In stark contrast for the 5:00pm newscasts in this demo, WMAQ-TV only increased by 22%, WGN-TV only increased by 14%, while WLS-TV decreased by 31%.) For WBBM-TV's 6:00pm weekday newscast, ratings in the Adult 25-54 demo are up 33%. With the 10:00pm newscast, ratings increased in this demo by 11%.' -CRM

Damn...

[MEDIA=twitter]736555289030234112[/MEDIA]

I guess this makes up for the WGN Morning News ad incident?

Seems a little half-hearted... Why run the ad AFTER he officially retires and on a Saturday (which has the lowest daily circulation)? I guess it's the thought that counts.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this means Rachael Ray is staying in overnights, and that's likely where Right This Minute will end up. Has Rachael even been renewed past this season?

Yes. I'm glad they brought back the 11 a.m. newscast. The only sour grape is that Sylvia will not be apart of the newscast this time around. But who knows what WLS have up there sleeves. They might bring her back but that's a big might.

Yes. I'm glad they brought back the 11 a.m. newscast. The only sour grape is that Sylvia will not be apart of the newscast this time around. But who knows what WLS have up there sleeves. They might bring her back but that's a big might.

No chance. Never.

• Like 1

Wooo!!! This was severely long over-due. I'm glad they're bringing this back in all honesty. I think once WMAQ moved to 11:00am and expanded to an hour, it was enough for WLS to convince itself for after the TV season to return back to 11:00am.

And it seems like people do watch WCL, even though if I lived in Chicago, I wouldn't be one of those watching. Plus, a weird concept. Local news at 11:00am, Chew at Noon, WCL at 1:00pm, GH at 2:00pm. Local/network/local/network.

• Like 1

I was glad to see that the 11am news is back. It never should've left! Also, I think ABC 7 is smart to pass on Right This Minute for the 1pm timeslot. Whatever ABC comes up with for their O&Os fails (Katie, FabLife, etc). I wish they had kept One Life to Live...still miss that show a lot.

No 6pm on 7 tonight due to the Cubs game, Alan and Kathy are anchoring the 7pm on WCIU.

They also did the 4. Frankly, I don't know why they didn't give Cheryl Burton the night off, since she only did the 5. I wonder if they dragged in Jerry to only do the 10.

• Like 1

They also did the 4. Frankly, I don't know why they didn't give Cheryl Burton the night off, since she only did the 5. I wonder if they dragged in Jerry to only do the 10.

Ah, interesting. Cheryl Scott did the ten. They gave Jerry the night off it seems. I'm assuming Burton did reporting for the ten.

Ah, interesting. Cheryl Scott did the ten. They gave Jerry the night off it seems. I'm assuming Burton did reporting for the ten.

I watched it, but I'll be damned if I could remember. I want to say she wasn't.