The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

Not televised. Ravi was reporting from the show in full tux all evening, and some video from the event was used when Kathy announced the winners of raffle prizes, but the event did not air. However, Mark give a bit of a hit that some special guests from the station might drop in during the show tomorrow night, and the 3 WCL hosts are also going to have something air during the special.

• 2 weeks later...

A new promo featuring Jerry and Cheryl debuted last night during the Oscars. It pretty heavily implied that Cheryl is the heir apparent to Jerry, and he pretty much stopped just short of saying that out loud. The setting also caught my eye; it looked to be in a fairly large area in front of several distant monitors and a bright white backdrop. I had never seen it before.

https://twitter.com/jerrytaft/status/569994908897042434

A new promo featuring Jerry and Cheryl debuted last night during the Oscars. It pretty heavily implied that Cheryl is the heir apparent to Jerry, and he pretty much stopped just short of saying that out loud. The setting also caught my eye; it looked to be in a fairly large area in front of several distant monitors and a bright white backdrop. I had never seen it before.

Yep, that's a wrap on that. There's no doubt it's only a matter of time. The promo looks like it was intended to give Cheryl the Jerry seal of approval. The backdrop looks a lot like where they did the talent intros with a really bright light. Nice promo.

Not a bad promo, but they probably should have ran this when Scott first started. It definitely comes across like a passing of the torch. I really like the setting as well. If I am not mistaken, this is the same space they often use for debates, musical performances and the like.

That's a Hothaus promo if I ever saw one. It was more than likely shot in Dallas at Hothaus' studio.

I would guess they shot it in the secondary debate/performance studio right next door to the Windy City Live studio. I know for a fact that it's large enough, and the width of the room looks about right in the promo.

The back-up plan is a little muddy for the 7 o'clock show, from what I've noticed. The only constant is that Alan fills in for Hosea, and seemingly vice versa at 4. It seems to me that when Linda is off, Kathy will do the 4 and Cheryl will do the 7, but Stacey will randomly pop up from time to time. Cheryl and Linda were off last Friday, so Baca did both shows. When she anchored at 7 another time last week was when Linda left halfway through the 4 o'clock show and Cheryl checked in early. Another scenario I've noticed a few times is Karen doing the 4 and 7 when Linda and Kathy are off.

Nothing's really consistent. I'm still curious to see how this is going to shape up when it's a holiday and if a single anchor team will do all five shows, what will it take for Ron and Kathy to show up at 7, and will Phil (or Tracy, who knows) come in to fill in for Cheryl so Jerry doesn't have to pull and "all-nighter"?

The declaration PROBABLY could have been worded better.

Probably.

Apparently Sharpie has hired an attorney to try and calm these rumors that, without confirmation, are just rumors and nothing more. If this really starts to get out of control and/or the rumors are true, then that's a bridge that the Blackhawks and ABC 7 (separately) will have to be prepared to cross.

------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I was surprised to see Terrell anchoring for Ben and Stacey this morning. I wouldn't think they'd grab someone from the weekdays to fill a weekend morning shift, but rather grab a Garcia, Gallardo, Holmes, or a Babich to pinch hit.

ABC 7 really has nothing to worry about concerning these rumors, but I am sure the GM & ND will do (or have done) their due diligence and gotten some answers from Scott concerning the situation. This would be a much bigger deal if she was a sports anchor/reporter. Anyway, if the rumors are true, the worse possible outcome is that she is labeled a homewrecker which, in no way, would be grounds for any type of disciplinary action.

______

I was surprised to see Terrell this AM too. My guess is that since he has filled in before on weekend mornings prior to moving to weekdays, he was a logical choice if others were unavailable.

ABC 7 really has nothing to worry about concerning these rumors, but I am sure the GM & ND will do (or have done) their due diligence and gotten some answers from Scott concerning the situation. This would be a much bigger deal if she was a sports anchor/reporter. Anyway, if the rumors are true, the worse possible outcome is that she is labeled a homewrecker which, in no way, would be grounds for any type of disciplinary action.

______

I was surprised to see Terrell this AM too. My guess is that since he has filled in before on weekend mornings prior to moving to weekdays, he was a logical choice if others were unavailable.

If it stirs up the right group of people she will be terminated faster than the wind speeds in an EF5 tornado. Sharp is high profile enough of a person for Scott to become a complete distraction if it blows up.

On the flip side the ratings could bounce up...

There are a laundry list of rumors which speculates me to believe they aren't true and it doesn't effect Scott's job in any way nonetheless. And ns8401, I thought you had said there isn't a need for this conversation?

There really isn't... I'm not personally in favor of any actual grief towards anybody for their private dealings. I just don't have much faith that other folks necessarily share that view. I have the feeling it'll become an issue if it's true so that's why I'm giving my 2 cents on it. They can practice whatever monogomy or not that they want to... Doesn't bother me.

If it was true it could hurt her Q Score.