The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

I was just thinking about this, will Abc 7 still broadcast the WCIU news at 7 pm from the street side studio? I know they'll broadcast out of abc7 but will they from the street side set? Also, do you think they will modify the logo for the 7pm to include WCIU's logo in?

I am curious about the open, as it is rather fast-paced and chock full of stuff. As for the bug, I think they'll give 'TheU' the 'WCL' treatment.

Just saw a promo for the 7pm newscast on WCIU during Countdown Chicago on ABC 7 and I noticed that the logo for the newscast, for now, I guess, is the ABC 7 Eyewitness news logo with a red tab extending to the right with WCIU on it. So we may see that in the coming weeks. I was so focused on the logo that I didn't pay attention to who, talent wise, was featured in the promo, but I believe, it was Sanders, Yu, Cheryl Scott, and Jim Rose on sports (85% positive).

& oh, by the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Speaking of Cheryl Scott, they put her on the Countdown Chicago coverage in this only her third week with ABC 7, partnered with Alan Krashesky. She was so elated at the stroke of midnight, you could really see the excitement on her face knowing that 2015 is gonna be an amazing year for her with her new job at ABC 7. I couldn't help but feel excited for her as well.

I doubt they want to ruffle any more feathers with Cheryl sitting in for Jerry @ 10p when Mike is the primary sub. I get the sense that her hiring hasn't been completely welcomed by all, so as to not make matters worse, everyone gets to be appeased to some degree. This is likely why Jerry worked Thanksgiving and Christmas with Mike subbing for him at 10p recently. She will get her chance, it just likely won't be anytime soon.

She did a 10pm too.... It's the holidays... This is a terrible pair of weeks to glean anything about scheduling.

She did a 10pm too.... It's the holidays... This is a terrible pair of weeks to glean anything about scheduling.

I disagree. There is no better time to get a sense of how things will be after Jerry retires than right now. There is a lot (from on-air presentation to team chemistry) that can be gleaned. Scott's hiring and unofficial title of 'heir apparent' is big news. There's a lot of pressure on her. If she succeeds Jerry, I believe she would be only the third woman to have had the title of chief met. (behind Shelly Monahan, WMAQ and Amy Freeze, WFLD) in this market.

I can't remember if Monahan was officially given the title after replacing Andy Avalos tho. Nevertheless, viewers are likely going to be more critical of her than if she was replacing someone other than Jerry. I'm sure WLS is mindful of this and likely testing things scheduling-wise to see what works. Just imagine if she was replacing Tom Skilling.

I disagree. There is no better time to get a sense of how things will be after Jerry retires than right now. There is a lot (from on-air presentation to team chemistry) that can be gleaned. Scott's hiring and unofficial title of 'heir apparent' is big news. There's a lot of pressure on her. If she succeeds Jerry, I believe she would be only the third woman to have had the title of chief met. (behind Shelly Monahan, WMAQ and Amy Freeze, WFLD) in this market.

I can't remember if Monahan was officially given the title after replacing Andy Avalos tho. Nevertheless, viewers are likely going to be more critical of her than if she was replacing someone other than Jerry. I'm sure WLS is mindful of this and likely testing things scheduling-wise to see what works. Just imagine if she was replacing Tom Skilling.

All I know is that the schedules are built to try to be somewhat fair and accomodate as much as possible. That's why folks are all over the place. This is pretty standard in TV it would appear.

Here in Detroit for example we had our sports director anchor the 6 and 10pm shows Monday and the lead anchor soloed on Sunday night at 6 and for 2 hours from 10-12.

It all depends on who wants what when and who's still available what days as a result. That's what's determining who goes where. Nobody is going to try throwing experimental chemistry or scheduling into the mix. The schedules are determined well in advance usually and Scott simply bumped somebody to a day off or another shift most likely.

Interesting thing about the ABC 7 Weather Dept. Promo: Cheryl Scott is included in the weather team while Troy is not. This tells me that although her current title is "Fill-in," She's not so fill-in (freelance) after all. She is really trying though. She has been delivering a pretty solid forecast and you can tell she's really trying to interact with her new anchor team.

Interesting thing about the ABC 7 Weather Dept. Promo: Cheryl Scott is included in the weather team while Troy is not. This tells me that although her current title is "Fill-in," She's not so fill-in (freelance) after all. She is really trying though. She has been delivering a pretty solid forecast and you can tell she's really trying to interact with her new anchor team.

Troy won't be included because he is not an employee of ABC, he is per diem. If you recall, Mark Bishop was never included with the promos either.

All I know is that the schedules are built to try to be somewhat fair and accomodate as much as possible. That's why folks are all over the place. This is pretty standard in TV it would appear.

Here in Detroit for example we had our sports director anchor the 6 and 10pm shows Monday and the lead anchor soloed on Sunday night at 6 and for 2 hours from 10-12.

It all depends on who wants what when and who's still available what days as a result. That's what's determining who goes where. Nobody is going to try throwing experimental chemistry or scheduling into the mix. The schedules are determined well in advance usually and Scott simply bumped somebody to a day off or another shift most likely.

Sheesh...I was being both a bit subjective and speculative (like others often do). I am fully aware of how schedules work, but thanks for the refresher!!

Sheesh...I was being both a bit subjective and speculative (like others often do). I am fully aware of how schedules work, but thanks for the refresher!!

I just don't get how you think who is where during the holidays has much bearing on anything if you know how schedules work?

I just don't get how you think who is where during the holidays has much bearing on anything if you know how schedules work?

People throw out random theories on various things daily on this site. They also agree and disagree too. No need to get bent out of shape over something so trivial.