NCAA Basketball on CBS

KKyuubi

Nothing too interesting, just the NFL on CBS graphics, but with the scoreboard as a strip at the bottom!

This is just what I was expecting but with the original scoreboard graphic from NFL/College Football, nice to see that CBS is finally doing some practises in consistancy between departments (with the new "global" CBS News look and now this)!

• 3 weeks later...

Why is the score on a line at the bottom of the screen the new rage? I remember (more than) a few years ago when Fox started doing the line at the top and then everyone started to copy that. Now everyone's moving it to the bottom of the screen. Who started it and why does everyone seem to follow?

I think ABC started the lower score line with Monday Night Football at the start of the 2004 season. MNF executive producer Drew Esocoff now EPs Sunday Night Football on NBC, so that might be why the lower score line followed the franchise over to NBC.

ESPN now does the lower score line with its coverage of NBA games. I'm guessing this is their new pro sports graphics package, which worked for Monday Night Football, but I'm not really liking it for basketball. Hopefully it won't eek its way into Major League Baseball when that starts up on ESPN in April.

Archived