Evelyn Holmes axed at ABC7

312newswannabe

Just saw a post on Robert Feder's Facebook page wherein he confirms a Newsblues headline about a veteran chicago reporter not being renewed; apparently it's Evelyn Homles. That's too bad. I think she's a great reporter. I hope another station picks her up.

That is a shame...a solid, consistent, experienced and still young(ish) reporter like her won't be on the shelf for long. Her bio still is on the station's website.

> Unrelated, and I don't want to steer the topic in a different direction, but I saw this on Feder's Facebook. Carol Marin did a commentary segment on last night's NBC 5 News at 10. It's ironic that she would do commentary, seeing as an editorial segment prompted her departure from the station back in '97...

http://www.nbcchicago.com/video/#!/news/local/Forest-View---Our-Town-Looks-Like-A-War-Zone-/204328421 <

And now, back to Evelyn.

Well with the way staffing has been working, every anchor (except for the morning crew) does two newscasts. Linda and Sylvia at 11 and 4, Alan at 4 and 6, Cheryl at 5 and 10, Kathy at 6 and 10, and Ron at 5 and 10. I think they'll want to continue that trend.

• 1 month later...
Well with the way staffing has been working, every anchor (except for the morning crew) does two newscasts. Linda and Sylvia at 11 and 4, Alan at 4 and 6, Cheryl at 5 and 10, Kathy at 6 and 10, and Ron at 5 and 10. I think they'll want to continue that trend.

If Linda retires, they could still follow that format by adding Cheryl to the 11am (and taking her off the 10pm where she is a "third wheel") and having Sylvia move into Linda's spot at 4pm (Sylvia drops the "third wheel" role and becomes the second wheel). That way everyone gets two shows and no show has a third wheel.

Archived