Groove Worx?!

So, as I was just making my hourly rounds on NMSA, I was taken aback because I noticed Groove Addicts change to Groove Worx instantly. I was so confused. Then, I read some more. Did anyone else know that Groove Addicts became Groove Worx... or am I just a blundering idiot?

EDIT: I read that the name changed in 2010 right about the time when they were consolidated with Non-Stop and a few other companies.

So, as I was just making my hourly rounds on NMSA, I was taken aback because I noticed Groove Addicts change to Groove Worx instantly. I was so confused. Then, I read some more. Did anyone else know that Groove Addicts became Groove Worx... or am I just a blundering idiot?

EDIT: I read that the name changed in 2010 right about the time when they were consolidated with Non-Stop and a few other companies.

Groove Worx was bought out by Warner/Chappell Production Music and consolidated with 615, Shelley Palmer and Non-stop.

They change names in, I want to say 2011, not 2010. If you go to http://www.grooveworx.com/ you can find all of their music there. Usually when I reference this company, I refer to it as Groove Worx (Addicts) so no one gets confused.

If you have an questions just ask!

That website doesn't show any of their news music/jingle work, though (e.g. the various production logo jingles they've done for Fox, the Telemundo music from a few years back, and of course L.A. Groove/KNBC 2007 and Adrenaline). Is the news music owned by Warner/Chappell now?

That website doesn't show any of their news music/jingle work, though (e.g. the various production logo jingles they've done for Fox, the Telemundo music from a few years back, and of course L.A. Groove/KNBC 2007 and Adrenaline). Is the news music owned by Warner/Chappell now?

Actually, I think it may just be the Groove Addicts database up to a certain time.

I was on Warner's website not long ago just looking at random production music and I noticed that they still call them Groove Addicts... maybe that's just older stuff or whatever, but this is why I was confused.

Archived