Sinclair...Again

A3N

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummm, I don't see anywhere in my post me defending them. No where in it did I agree or disagree with you or anyone else for that matter. I'm just asking that we refrain from cursing, using the Lord's name in vain, and calling corporations and people by their actual names rather than some made-up name only known to people who read this forum daily.

My request is general, not specific to this thread. I just posted it here because there is a lot of it going on here. If we can't have discussions in a mature and civilized manner, it's kind of sad.

So that's what you meant. If you don't like what's being said than that's fine. Like I stated, I made my stance of what I said, I stand by what I said, and I make no apologies.

Anywho, it looks like we got something bigger to talk about.....

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/media-general-to-acquire-whtm-tv-of-harrisburg-pa-from-sinclair-broadcast-group-2014-06-23?reflink=MW_news_stmp

In other news....Sinclair has is SELLING WHTM to Media General...and selling the non-license assets of WTAT to Cunningham Communications....

Of course....this all depends on if the Allbritton deal goes through. This Cunningham sale seems a little fishy and could be the remaining road block that could hold up the deal.

Now if this becomes Cunningham's first stand alone station, could the other Cunningham stations break away as well? It's a good topic for the speculatron since it involves a station in Birmingham with WDBB that could step in to fill the void of WCFT.

They knew 34 days away they had to move very quickly on who will buy WHTM to get that FCC greenlight. They knew their time was almost up, and the paperwork has to be posted. We'll see if we finally have that FCC greenlight. I still don't think they need to give them the greenlight at all.

But like I stated they knew the time was almost up, so they had to act quickly.

Homer-Simpson-picture.gif

LMMFAO!!! You're funny. :rofl!:

So that's what you meant. If you don't like what's being said than that's fine. Like I stated, I made my stance of what I said, I stand by what I said, and I make no apologies.

I don't think you get it. I have no issues with your feelings about Sinclair. It's the vulgar language and synonyms that you and others are using that I am raising issue with. I don't care if you hate them (I might not like them either!) or love them.

I don't think you get it. I have no issues with your feelings about Sinclair. It's the vulgar language and synonyms that you and others are using that I am raising issue with. I don't care if you hate them (I might not like them either!) or love them.

No, I get exactly what you're said. I don't see any reason why you're constantly complaining about it. If you don't like what's being said, that's fine.

Anyway, we're talking about Sinclair and its latest acquisition, I mean divestiture of a TV station. And I just hope they don't get a

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/media-general-to-acquire-whtm-tv-of-harrisburg-pa-from-sinclair-broadcast-group-2014-06-23?reflink=MW_news_stmp

In other news....Sinclair has is SELLING WHTM to Media General...and selling the non-license assets of WTAT to Cunningham Communications....

Of course....this all depends on if the Allbritton deal goes through. This Cunningham sale seems a little fishy and could be the remaining road block that could hold up the deal.

Now if this becomes Cunningham's first stand alone station, could the other Cunningham stations break away as well? It's a good topic for the speculatron since it involves a station in Birmingham with WDBB that could step in to fill the void of WCFT.

That's one more hurdle out of the way of getting the Allbritton deal done (which is inevitable at this point), although the supposed spinoff of Cunningham into its own company, and Sinclair keeping a far distance from it, is something I'll believe when I see it.

No I get exactly what you're said. If you don't like what's being said, that's fine. I don't see any reason why you're constantly bitch about it.

The issue is not what's being said, but how it's being said. I am trying to clarify it for you (not constantly complain about it), hence the multiple posts. Nonetheless, seeing your history on this board, forget I even said anything. You are obviously set in your ways and are on this board 24/7, so do as you wish.

The issue is not what's being said' date=' but [b']how[/b] it's being said. I am trying to clarify it for you (not constantly complain about it), hence the multiple posts. Nonetheless, seeing your history on this board, forget I even said anything. You are obviously set in your ways and are on this board 24/7, so do as you wish.

I know what you're talking about. One more time, if you don't like what's been said or how it's being said, than that's fine.

I know I'm not always in agreement with sanewsguy in some statements, But I do agree with him with this:

Also' date=' looking back at previous posts, you have a history of telling others how they should post. I mean if you don't like what others say then great. But is it really necessary to get after people for how they post?

So I'm not going to say anything else because we have alot of on topic issues that is Sinclair related.

That's one more hurdle out of the way of getting the Allbritton deal done (which is inevitable at this point), although the supposed spinoff of Cunningham into its own company, and Sinclair keeping a far distance from it, is something I'll believe when I see it.

I don't know how they're going make WTAT separate. Do WTAT have a separate place to operate, after all, they've been sharing with WMMP for a long time. They might want to wait to see what they're really going to do with WTAT, which could lead them to fully divestiture of WTAT to someone other than Cunningham.

With this FCC, they're not stupid, they're jotting down which shells are operating and not. I wouldn't be shocked if they asked them the question, what you're going to do with WTAT, the same thing that they'd ask Quincy, what are their plans for Peoria (in the Quincy deal to buy Granite.

Anyway they do have 34 days and it is Crunch Time. If they were doing full divestiture very early on, we probably wouldn't have this dragged out for several months.

I know what you're talking about. One more time, if you don't like what's been said or how it's being said, than that's fine.

I know I'm not always in agreement with sanewsguy in some statements, But I do agree with him with this:

So I'm not going to say anything else because we have alot to talk about that is Sinclair related.

Really? You're going to bring that up! First, it's kind of sad that you had to go digging through the archives to find that. I mentioned that to sanewsguy when he did it too. Second, you should take a closer look at those threads. Talk about quoting someone out of context! A lot of my posts are comments others have also made before (creating new threads for something where a relevant thread already exists, posts that are hard to read/understand, etc.). And one was when you went ballistic because WLS was changing things. I think everyone got tired of your whining on and on that it's the end of the world over that change. Guess what, it's almost 8 months later and all is okay in the world, including WLS!!

So as I said before, DO AS YOU WISH. There is no end with trying to reason with you. And before your respond to me, remember your last sentence, that you're not going to say anything else because there is a lot more about Sinclair to talk about.

if it were anyone other than the Smith family running this company....it would be a different story and Sinclair would be a very different company because of it.

Yeah, it would be a lot smaller because other broadcasters are flat-footed and lazy.

Thanks for mentioning this as well. It's the Sincrap that decided that they were going to place Arsenio Hall on the later timeslots for season 2. CBS heard that, and saw some statistical number that they knew it wasn't going to bode well for the future of the show. That was why CBS reconsidered and cancelled the program without notice. So it was the Sincrap that killed Arsenio's late night program. They knew the ratings were low anyway, but they would've made it worst should the program made it for season two.

Arsenio got cancelled because Sinclair won't air him at a more attractive time slot? As far as I'm concerned, Sinclair gets props for that one. Arsenio is one person who should just go away. His time has passed.

I don't know how they're going make WTAT separate. Do WTAT have a separate place to operate, after all, they've been sharing with WMMP for a long time.

That's easy. All you need is a building with 10 or 15 thousand square feet, some desks and some secretarial and sales people. It can be hubbed from elsewhere and fed to the transmitter at the site.

It's interesting that the Cunningham spinoff news is starting to come up now since there have been rumors the last month or so of Sinclair divesting one or both of its Milwaukee stations (WVTV and WCGV). This is more speculation than anything else, but with this news trickling out I'm starting to wonder if it may be true.

Really? You're going to bring that up! First, it's kind of sad that you had to go digging through the archives to find that. I mentioned that to sanewsguy when he did it too. Second, you should take a closer look at those threads. Talk about quoting someone out of context! A lot of my posts are comments others have also made before (creating new threads for something where a relevant thread already exists, posts that are hard to read/understand, etc.). And one was when you went ballistic because WLS was changing things. I think everyone got tired of your whining on and on that it's the end of the world over that change. Guess what, it's almost 8 months later and all is okay in the world, including WLS!!

So as I said before, DO AS YOU WISH. There is no end with trying to reason with you. And before your respond to me, remember your last sentence, that you're not going to say anything else because there is a lot more about Sinclair to talk about.

Ahh hell no. Since you mentioned it, I'm still pissed about what that asshole Dumbo Idler did when he did that shit back in October of stripping an historical overtone of 21 years. But I haven't mentioned it then. Yeah its okay, even though I'm still pissed, and I'll forever be pissed And I said, in due time, let it fly. You don't hear me talking about about it, doesn't mean it hurts me deeply. But Like I stated, I stand firm for all the things that was said, and I make no apologies. You're obviously uptight because sanewsguy was right.

If you don't like what's being said then that's fine. Skip over. But you're right we got other stuff to talk about in this thread. And I'm just going to go back do that.

Arsenio got cancelled because Sinclair won't air him at a more attractive time slot? As far as I'm concerned, Sinclair gets props for that one. Arsenio is one person who should just go away. His time has passed.

You actually applauded those lameos that did that? I know Arsenio didn't get the numbers like the other late night talk show host, but I knew he would obvious have a chance

That's easy. All you need is a building with 10 or 15 thousand square feet, some desks and some secretarial and sales people. It can be hubbed from elsewhere and fed to the transmitter at the site.

That's not arms length enough for me. But WSYT & WSTM are next door towards each other, but Sinclair had to sell WSYT to Brady. It's going to be a tough sell in Charleston, since they know what Cunningham really is.

Ahh hell no. Since you mentioned it, I'm still pissed about what that asshole Idler did when he did that shit back in October of stripping an historical overtone of 21 years. But I haven't mentioned it then. Yeah its okay, even though I'm still pissed, and I'll forever be pissed And I said, in due time, let it fly. You don't hear me talking about about it, doesn't mean it hurts me deeply. But Like I stated, I stand firm for all the things that was said, and I make no apologies. You're obviously uptight because sanewsguy was right.

If you don't like what's being said then that's fine. Skip over. But you're right we got other stuff to talk about in this thread. And I'm just going to go back do that.

It's fine that you stand firm and make no apologies. I'm not asking you to change your opinion or to apologize. You know, it'd be nice if you tried responding to what I said in my last post instead of calling me uptight. But I guess that's how you roll. And way to go about not talking about this anymore! You can't even follow your own rules.

I will skip over. Done! Now can we move on?

It's fine that you stand firm and make no apologies. I'm not asking you to change your opinion or to apologize. You know, it'd be nice if you tried responding to what I said in my last post instead of calling me uptight. But I guess that's how you roll. And way to go about not talking about this anymore! You can't even follow your own rules.

I will skip over. Done! Now can we move on?

No I've moved on, but you continue to respond and mention about it. Yeah you're uptight because he was right and exact. Kudos to sanewsguy.

To be fair, Sinclair wasn't the only station group that pushed Arsenio's talk show back to after midnight- Tribune did it as well.

It only happened on one station (WPIX moved Seinfeld back at 11pm and bumped Arsenio to 11:30). I didn't see other stations do it at the time the first run shows are around. Now they've moved the show, since CBS reverse coursed and cancelled the show.

It only happened on one station (WPIX moved Seinfeld back at 11pm and bumped Arsenio to 11:30). I didn't see other stations do it at the time the first run shows are around. Now they've moved the show, since CBS reverse coursed and cancelled the show.

KSWB moved the show to midnight, months before it was cancelled. I'm sure there are other Tribune stations that moved the show as well before it was axed.

KSWB moved the show to midnight, months before it was cancelled. I'm sure there are other Tribune stations that moved the show as well before it was axed.

I didn't know about that? Which show that they replaced on the 11pm hour? Did they replace it with Two & A Half Men?

GetTV, the new classic movies network, announces that they will be carrying on 33 Sinclair stations over the course of the summer.

Sony is PAYING Sinclair to air their pre-1970 movies channel (if you think Me-TV is a niche channel...) on the SBG stations. I think ZUUS Country has a similar arrangement with them, if they're not being replaced by getTV.

No I've moved on, but you continue to respond and mention about it. Yeah you're uptight because he was right and exact. Kudos to sanewsguy.

No you clearly have not moved on as you continue to respond as well. You clearly want to get the last word in this. I have tried, admittedly, to get the last word a few times with an attempt to ending the discussion in peace, but you just keep responding with the name calling and the put-downs!

I'm not uptight, but you're entitled to your opinion. So call me whatever you want, but don't expect me to walk away without responding. I don't need to look through other threads to see what people have called you nor do I want to waste time doing that. I'll take uptight any day compared to the names you've been called! If you and sanewsguy want to search the archives, be my guest. Kudos to you and him! You do with your time what you want to do.

No you clearly have not moved on as you continue to respond as well. You clearly want to get the last word in this. I have tried, admittedly, to get the last word a few times with an attempt to ending the discussion in peace, but you just keep responding with the name calling and the put-downs!

I'm not uptight, but you're entitled to your opinion. So call me whatever you want, but don't expect me to walk away without responding. I don't need to look through other threads to see what people have called you nor do I want to waste time doing that. I'll take uptight any day compared to the names you've been called! If you and sanewsguy want to search the archives, be my guest. Kudos to you and him! You do with your time what you want to do.

See, you are uptight right now. Just calm down, everything will be alright. :)

You're going to say what you're going have your say, I'm going to have my say. Simple as that. If you don't like it then that then that's fine.

So take that for what it's worth. And send it to your cleaners.

It's interesting that the Cunningham spinoff news is starting to come up now since there have been rumors the last month or so of Sinclair divesting one or both of its Milwaukee stations (WVTV and WCGV). This is more speculation than anything else, but with this news trickling out I'm starting to wonder if it may be true.

I strongly thought they wouldn't see any stations. Whereever happened to the bigger is better mantra. Of course if they do buy KSNV, they're probably be over the UHF discount, and once they rule on that, they'll have to come into compliance.

With that I don't see any reason why they would divest one of the stations. Either keep both stations, or divest both. I don't see any problem breaking up to in-market buyers. Tribune getting WVTV & Journal getting WCGV. Wouldn't be much of an issue.

Giving it a duopoly with WCBD (and its first Fox affiliate) and soon ending WCSC's production of their newscasts after nearly two decades.

The release doesn't say that MG would acquire the non-license assets of WTAT. The non-license assets will go to Cunningham.

About getTV, here's an article have the list of stations who will be getting getTV this summer. Some will be assigned by the shells.

One of the largest stations that will get it is KATU, KDNL, WNUV, WTTE, & WSTR. It's mostly the legacy (pre-2011) stations that are adding it on there.

It's not on KOMO, because I think Cox have getTV on KIRO 7's subchannel.

Okay, I don't care who started it or who claims to have finished it, JUST STOP IT. Both of you!

Moving. On.

See, you are uptight right now. Just calm down, everything will be alright. :)

You're going to say what you're going have your say, I'm going to have my say. Simple as that. If you don't like it then that then that's fine.

So take it for what its worth. And send it to the cleaners.

Practice what you preach :D

Archived