Sinclair...Again

A3N

Since you guys hate Sinclair so much and think they are so ultra conservative, I wanted to share this:

10415556_10151863149634364_2006927525085982275_n.jpg

On Your Side with Pride!

We've got our Pride and we're not afraid to show it. The photo taken just a few minutes ago as we rolled out the ABC 6 Pride banner. Watch for it in-person and online at Saturday's Columbus Pride Festival and Parade.

11 AM Saturday: Watch the Parade Live at ABC6OnYourSide.com.

https://www.facebook.com/WSYXABC6/photos/a.151276014363.97700.63564314363/10151863149634364/?type=1

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since you guys hate Sinclair so much and think they are so ultra conservative, I wanted to share this:

On Your Side with Pride!

We've got our Pride and we're not afraid to show it. The photo taken just a few minutes ago as we rolled out the ABC 6 Pride banner. Watch for it in-person and online at Saturday's Columbus Pride Festival and Parade.

https://www.facebook.com/WSYXABC6/photos/a.151276014363.97700.63564314363/10151863149634364/?type=1

Well props to Sinclair. They seem to be toning down that right-wing to be more appeasing to all those Sinclair haters.

From what I've heard, Columbus is a very LGBT-friendly city, so maybe their corporate overlords gave them a pass for this one.

That and they're trying to be more competitive in that market, and what better way to do that than to be a part of a local event (even though WSYX isn't a sponsor, 10TV is).

The political bias is still there but it's much more subtle than it was in the past. In reality, they'll only have that political bent as long as it works for them financially. Considering how the majority of Americans view LGBT-rights in a favorable light, participating in the local pride parade is a smart business decision, and really, that's all that Sinclair really cares about.

That all being said, good for WSYX.

From what I've heard, Columbus is a very LGBT-friendly city, so maybe their corporate overlords gave them a pass for this one.

Columbus is basically a mind your own business kind of city. Columbus is predominantly government employees and white collar workers so ultra liberal and ultra conservative doesn't really resonate around here. The Democrats and Republicans around here aren't of the wacko variety either; they are mostly very pragmatic. Yeah, people here are okay with gays but then again we don't have the militant variety here either. They mind their own business just like everybody else. Live and let live.

I know I'm quoting myself here, but why don't they stick this kind of stuff on 6.2? It seems like subchannels are made for community oriented programming that is of limited interest if for no reason other than public service. It's not like someone is going to die if they miss what's on This TV at 11 am on Saturday.

One station in a market that's LGBT friendly that's also trying to be more competitive isn't representative of the corporation as a whole. Now if OTHER Sinclair stations had done something like this, well, then that's different and would certainly make you squint your eyes and wonder "wait a minute...what's the catch here?"

On Your Side with Pride!

Am I the only one who's not surprised by them doing this? Since I live in a market with a Sinclair news producing station, I am able to see first hand that the newscast here has a very liberal tilt. The corporate stuff is right-wing, yes, but anything produced in San Antonio, Texas has a very distinctive left-wing tilt to it, as in they generally only cover one side of controversial issues and not the others. Just because a corporation and its owners think one way doesn't mean the entire company and the employees away from the head office do.

Then again, none of these users live in a Sinclair news-producing market, they have not been able to see this first-hand:

Well props to Sinclair. They seem to be toning down that right-wing to be more appeasing to all those Sinclair haters.

I'm actually quite amazed that a Sinclair station would do that, especially one of the big ones like Columbus.

That and they're trying to be more competitive in that market, and what better way to do that than to be a part of a local event (even though WSYX isn't a sponsor, 10TV is).

The political bias is still there but it's much more subtle than it was in the past. In reality, they'll only have that political bent as long as it works for them financially. Considering how the majority of Americans view LGBT-rights in a favorable light, participating in the local pride parade is a smart business decision, and really, that's all that Sinclair really cares about.

That all being said, good for WSYX.

One station in a market that's LGBT friendly that's also trying to be more competitive isn't representative of the corporation as a whole. Now if OTHER Sinclair stations had done something like this, well, then that's different and would certainly make you squint your eyes and wonder "wait a minute...what's the catch here?"

I don't think it has anything to do with Sinclair corporate and everything to do with that decision being made in Columbus, OH without consulting anyone outside of the station.

You all really should tone down your hate for Sinclair. Watch one of WOAI or KABB's newscasts and see if you can spot any conservative bias that is NOT a Sinclair corporate piece (anything that has Kristine Frazao or Kai Jackson in it, Sheila Gray doesn't count since her pieces are not political in nature). Doubt you'll find any....

Putting all bias aside, I think the real motive at play is attention and profit. And Sinclair has had the reputation to go to any bounds to please anyone just to make a profit from it or to grab their attention.

If it keeps Sinclair from making any money from something....(i.e. healthcare regulations, FCC regulations, business regulations, etc... that could affect themselves directly or indirectly through their business interests) THIS is what drives the "agenda" at these stations.

Then again, none of these users live in a Sinclair news-producing market, they have not been able to see this first-hand:

Living in St. Louis, I feel like I should make a joke about KDNL but the station is a joke on its own. Someone else nailed the reason WSYX did this.

Putting all bias aside, I think the real motive at play is attention and profit. And Sinclair has had the reputation to go to any bounds to please anyone just to make a profit from it or to grab their attention.

If it keeps Sinclair from making any money from something....(i.e. healthcare regulations, FCC regulations, business regulations, etc... that could affect themselves directly or indirectly through their business interests) THIS is what drives the "agenda" at these stations.

It's all about money. Popular opinion views LGBT-rights and gay pride parades as a positive so a smart business decision would be to participate and support them.

It's all about money. Popular opinion views LGBT-rights and gay pride parades as a positive so a smart business decision would be to participate and support them.

Yep!! Tell it. Tell it, Tell it!!! That's all what these devil's motives are. Attention and revenue. They wouldn't allow it if it wouldn't about doing anything to get attention. I strongly agree that this is the station management's doing and not the doings under the corporate heads of Hunt Valley.

You all really should tone down your hate for Sinclair.

I ain't toning down a goddamn thing about these satanic, luciferian, beelzebubbing bastards of Hunt Valley. Calling a spade a spade, those devils are who they are. They're heathens. And I stand by what I said about that, and I make no apologies.

I don't see any reason why anyone wants to defend these fools, including old Massa David and his devilish tricks. He obviously can't stealfield & cunningrab anymore because of that new devil Wheeler's JSAs rule. But you Sincrap lovers can continue to defend them and say "they don't do this or don't do that, But....", and "Oh, I'm not for Sinclair, But they can do whatever the hell they want.". But we know who they are, and they aren't going to stop with their ways. After all, It is the Heathens of Hunt Valley we're talking about.

I know several years ago, someone asked on this board, Is SINCRAP the worst broadcaster on Earth? Some of y'all say they've changed. I agree, they have changed. But those bastards have gotten worse. Yes, their scale is bigger than it was almost three years ago, when that M&A craze first began. But they haven't been any different than it was before the M&A craze and after that, they've gone ever so crazy.

I'm done. Take it for what its worth. Send it to the cleaners. I guess it might not worth anything for those Sincrap lovers & worshipers.

:rant:

Calling a spade a spade

Take it for what its worth.

Send it to the cleaners.

If I see or hear these catchphrases again, it'll be too soon.

See, no argument is going to be won when constant racial and satanic references are used.

If I see or hear these catchphrases again, it'll be too soon.

See, no argument is going to be won when constant racial and satanic references are used.

Where there's an argument are worth winning? I'm just telling it like it is.

Calling a spade a spade means "calling it as it is", calling it as I see it. Not to win any argument, because there's no argument worth winning. IMO, those heathens are the devils. I'm just stating my stance and I stand by it and I make no apologies.

I'll be simple.

I don't like Sinclair for several reasons:

• Their politicization of corporate news content. I agree that after NewsCentral and with the dramatic national expansion of SBG, this is less of a concern than it used to be, and San Antonio and Columbus demonstrate that it is (mostly) a national-level characteristic of the company. But it is certainly still there in most of the packages in Sinclair's national news service.
  • Dramatic national expansion. SBG has spent two to three billion dollars on television stations. This makes me worry for the company's long-term financial health, for the ability of Sinclair to effectively manage its mammoth portfolio of stations, and for SBG's ability to create a cohesive but flexible station group. I also have not seen Sinclair invest a lot in some of its legacy stations, though they (like Nexstar) have begun to improve on that front.
    In 2009, Sinclair's credit rating for certain bonds fell to Caa2 (Moody's). That is spectacularly low. Caa2 is described as "Rated as poor quality and very high credit risk." Currently Sinclair's CFR (corporate family rating) is Ba3—in other words, not investment grade. (S&P gives SBG a BB- rating, while I was unable to find the rating from Fitch.)

[*]Use of sidecar and other mechanisms to ensure profit and barely remain legal. Not only was Sinclair a pioneer in the LMA, they also have made moves at times that are technically permissible but really done in poor spirit. Howard Stirk Holdings is a masquerade that on paper increases ownership diversity while striking at its very core in reality. The proposal to shutter the transmitters of WCFT, WJSU and WCIV is a classic example of this. I am excited to see that the Sinclair-Allbritton deal, unlike so many others that sailed through the Commission, has spent its sweet time in review (a development I did not anticipate when I filed a petition to deny in said deal more than 10 months ago).

• Use of sidecar and other mechanisms to ensure profit and barely remain legal. Not only was Sinclair a pioneer in the LMA, they also have made moves at times that are technically permissible but really done in poor spirit. Howard Stirk Holdings is a masquerade that on paper increases ownership diversity while striking at its very core in reality. The proposal to shutter the transmitters of WCFT, WJSU and WCIV is a classic example of this. I am excited to see that the Sinclair-Allbritton deal, unlike so many others that sailed through the Commission, has spent its sweet time in review (a development I did not anticipate when I filed a petition to deny in said deal more than 10 months ago).

Why don't you think they should use sidecars and shells? It's a business. The laws are not in their favor obviously, so they have to get it to their favor. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Most of what the FCC is doing is unconstitutional anyways but nobody's going to stop them anyways. (ex: the JSA "ban" was not proposed and passed by Congress before being implemented; then again bypassing Congress is typical of the current administration....)

• Dramatic national expansion. SBG has spent two to three billion dollars on television stations. This makes me worry for the company's long-term financial health, for the ability of Sinclair to effectively manage its mammoth portfolio of stations, and for SBG's ability to create a cohesive but flexible station group. I also have not seen Sinclair invest a lot in some of its legacy stations, though they (like Nexstar) have begun to improve on that front.
    In 2009, Sinclair's credit rating for certain bonds fell to Caa2 (Moody's). That is spectacularly low. Caa2 is described as "Rated as poor quality and very high credit risk." Currently Sinclair's CFR (corporate family rating) is Ba3—in other words, not investment grade. (S&P gives SBG a BB- rating, while I was unable to find the rating from Fitch.)

This really bothers me, people worrying about Sinclair and their debt load. It's not your company, most everyone here for that matter holds no stock or ownership in Sinclair so if Sinclair goes bankrupt it wouldn't really affect anyone here. Sorry, hate to say that but it's true.

This really bothers me, people worrying about Sinclair and their debt load. It's not your company, most everyone here for that matter holds no stock or ownership in Sinclair so if Sinclair goes bankrupt it wouldn't really affect anyone here. Sorry, hate to say that but it's true.

If these devils go bankrupt tomorrow, yeah it's not affect me, but I'll be jumping for joy in celebration and jubilation, anyway.

I'm going to be like HALLELUJAH!!!!!

See they spend $3B on M&A the past almost three years, and they haven't invest into those stations at all this time. Since they can't buy anymore bigger groups, I guess they're finally going ahead and do some investing. Of course they have to spend more dough on getting the Barrington stations HD. But no telling when they're going to do that. But if they would've done all of that while they've gone on this buying craziness, I wouldn't be as pissed about them. Hell they can't even buy equipment for WEAR to have a multicast channel for WFGX. And while the buying everything but the kitchen sink, their debtload continues to grow. It really makes me wonder within the next few years, with all the stations they have, they might be in financial ruins, similar to Clear Channel.

• Use of sidecar and other mechanisms to ensure profit and barely remain legal. Not only was Sinclair a pioneer in the LMA, they also have made moves at times that are technically permissible but really done in poor spirit. Howard Stirk Holdings is a masquerade that on paper increases ownership diversity while striking at its very core in reality. The proposal to shutter the transmitters of WCFT, WJSU and WCIV is a classic example of this. I am excited to see that the Sinclair-Allbritton deal, unlike so many others that sailed through the Commission, has spent its sweet time in review (a development I did not anticipate when I filed a petition to deny in said deal more than 10 months ago).

Well, we're 35 days away until that outside date, and if nothing happens before than, it'll be a true victory. Should the FCC act on this beforehand, then the devils would win because they'll finally get that station in the nation's capital. And the FCC would win because three stations will go dark, and that would help their cause to turn those frequencies into wireless broadband, something I really despise, because no TV station should go away. And they're doing that to get the greenlight.

I wish more people in Alabama would tell the FCC that we do need to see WCFT & WJSU stay on the air, so they wouldn't give those bastards the greenlight. One already commented, the other day.

Why don't you think they should use sidecars and shells? It's a business. The laws are not in their favor obviously, so they have to get it to their favor. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Most of what the FCC is doing is unconstitutional anyways but nobody's going to stop them anyways. (ex: the JSA "ban" was not proposed and passed by Congress before being implemented; then again bypassing Congress is typical of the current administration....)

As has been with previous administrations (Republican and Democrat). Bypassing Congress is typical of any/every administration... With regards to Sinclair's debt load. We should all be worried. Why? because ultimately it will be us the viewers/tax payers who will pay if they go down. What do you think would happen to Sinclair's tv stations if they declare bankruptcy? Will the banks sell the stations to new buyers or will there be more incentive to sell the license/space back to the FCC? Plus, any bankruptcy will leave the tax payers on the hook as the banks will be quick to write down any/all losses, and that in turn means that they will pay less in taxes- ultimately leaving the burden to the tax payer. What bias they feed their stations is irrelevant, but it's pretty disingenuous for you to say that we will not be affected or should care about what happens to Sinclair because we don't live in a market that is serviced by them. Like I said, a Sinclair bankruptcy/demise will affect EVERYONE.

I commend them on the pride issue and I would be willing to bet WBFF and company could have figured out how to get in last weeks parade they would have, seeing as WBAL tries to take over the marquee events sponsorships here. Participating in any type of community involvement gets your name out - no matter what.

If I recall last year I saw some pictures where NBC and Telemundo had one or two floats in their pride parade filled with the gays and lesbians of NBC and Telemundo and assorted shows and sister networks. Sure it was a nice act but it's sponsorship that allowed them to freely advertise gay and lesbian shows to their target audience.

---

But while I wouldn't be happy Sinclair did go bankrupt seeing as I live in a community five minutes to their headquarters. It would result in job losses I reckon 1,000 in Hunt Valley and maybe 300 on TV hill. I wouldn't suffer but 1300 would who have local families.

But while I wouldn't be happy Sinclair did go bankrupt seeing as I live in a community five minutes to their headquarters. It would result in job losses I reckon 1,000 in Hunt Valley and maybe 300 on TV hill. I wouldn't suffer but 1300 would who have local families.

I wouldn't want to see anyone get laid off, because folks need their jobs. But at some point reality has to hit Old Massa David's face. When you gobble everything like Pac-Man, and you have a mountainous amount of debt, there's a big toll for all of that. How in the hell they are going to pay all that amount of debt? Revenue isn't going to pick that up. Retrans isn't going to pick up all of that either.

If these devils go bankrupt tomorrow, yeah it's not affect me, but I'll be jumping for joy in celebration and jubilation, anyway.

I'm going to be like HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Oooh, that will be that day, cause ain't nobody's going to feel sorry or any pity from those "Hunt Valley Hoodlums". Sinclair has become the "Clear Channel" of TV ownership due to its M&A spree. Sooner or later, Sinclair will fall, and if that happens, we'll be the first ones to say, "I told you so" CircleSeven, you do make a good point about Sinclair's "agenda", so go ahead and preach!!!

I wouldn't want to see anyone get laid off, because folks need their jobs. But at some point reality has to hit Old Massa David's face. When you gobble everything like Pac-Man, and you have a mountainous amount of debt, there's a big toll for all of that. How in the hell they are going to pay all that amount of debt? Revenue isn't going to pick that up. Retrans isn't going to pick up all of that either.

I could make a comment about your rants sounding completely off the wall but I'll hold back. What you say is far too entertaining.

If these devils go bankrupt tomorrow, yeah it's not affect me, but I'll be jumping for joy in celebration and jubilation, anyway. I'm going to be like HALLELUJAH!!!!!

If S!nclair goes bankrupt, believe me, the ripple effects from that will devastate the entire telecommunications industry. Think of what Granite did to WKBW, and multiply that thousandfold.

Local radio has become practically useless with suits at Cumulus and Clear Channel destroying any notion of localized radio, and both companies are teetering on the edge of outright ruin. Do you want that to happen to local television? I'm sure Tom Wheeler does, but still.

Yes, I know the genie is already out of the bottle with consolidation in the television industry. Many groups are taking the money and ca$hing in with a nice payday. I don't necessarily like the method by which S!nclair is using to grow their company, rather, it alarms me because that almost always ends in 'too big to fail' conglomerates. Look at the Panic of 2008, for crying out loud.

But cheering for a bankruptcy and for thousands of well-meaning employees at all of these television stations to lose their jobs as collateral damage? I can't go for that.

If S!nclair goes bankrupt, believe me, the ripple effects from that will devastate the entire telecommunications industry. Think of what Granite did to WKBW, and multiply that thousandfold.

Local radio has become practically useless with suits at Cumulus and Clear Channel destroying any notion of localized radio, and both companies are teetering on the edge of outright ruin. Do you want that to happen to local television? I'm sure Tom Wheeler does, but still.

Like I said, I don't want to see any layoffs with anyone. But I also said the devils needs to come into reality. And one day, it would really come into reality. And they'll be as worst as Clear Channel. I don't want to see any broadcaster fall. But what these devilish fools in Maryland has done, I wouldn't be shocked in the next few year's their downfall will be shown. They made their bed, now they have to lie on it. I just hope the others don't see that same fate.

Wheeler is another devil. He doesn't care about the broadcasters anyway. He only cares about the cable & wireless gooks. He's trying to make life harder for the broadcasters so they don't have any other choice than to participate to those shitty auctions. I hope most of the broadcasters don't participate, so it'll be a defeat for Wheeler.

Archived