CTV British Columbia shuffles news anchors

xmattx

Staffing changes at CTV British Columbia

CTV British Columbia is shuffling its news anchor lineups as follows:

CTV Morning Live Aamer Haleem and Ann Luu co-host, Marke Driesschen weather, Ann Luu traffic, Brent Shearer news anchor

CTV News at Noon Coleen Christie and Mike Killeen co-anchors, Marke Driesschen weather, Perry Solkowski sports

CTV News at Five Coleen Christie anchor, Michael Kuss weather;

CTV News at 11:30 p.m. Keri Adams anchor, Michael Kuss weather, Jason Pires sports

CTV News at Six will remain unchanged with Mike Killeen and Tamara Taggart co-anchors, Michael Kuss weather and Perry Solkowski sports.

CTV News at Six and 11:30 p.m.weekends Scott Roberts and Norma Reid co-anchors, Duane English weather, Kelcey Brade sports.

http://nwbroadcasters.com/

Apparently Julia Foy and health reporter Dr. Rhonda Low are also no longer with the station. The latter had been doing the station's health segment since the VTV days.

They're also making some changes to their set. The morning show is now primarily done out of the interview set, with the news updates done at a temporary desk setup by the control room. The control room desk is also used for parts of other newscasts, interspersed with the anchors standing in front of the chromakey with the old set and desk keyed behind them. I'm assuming they'll get things ready by the provincial election next month.

Not that I have a problem with it, but it seems un-PC to have 3 guys and only one woman on the morning show, which makes me think this is a temporary lineup until the set is done.

Anyone know how CTV BC Morning Live does in the ratings compared to Global BC and Citytv Vancouver?

the best i can find is a ratings report by shaw media on their website fall 2011 http://shawmedia.ca/advertising/broadcast/television/stations/globalbc/pdf/NewsFall2012MorningNews.pdf

Ratings % A25-54

Global BC 1.7

City 0.3

CTV 0.1

Global BC still dominates in the morning and CTV cant even beat City. I really don't see CTV's morning show last long if they cant even beat City.

Apparently Julia Foy and health reporter Dr. Rhonda Low are also no longer with the station. The latter had been doing the station's health segment since the VTV days.

They're also making some changes to their set. The morning show is now primarily done out of the interview set, with the news updates done at a temporary desk setup by the control room. The control room desk is also used for parts of other newscasts, interspersed with the anchors standing in front of the chromakey with the old set and desk keyed behind them. I'm assuming they'll get things ready by the provincial election next month.

Not that I have a problem with it, but it seems un-PC to have 3 guys and only one woman on the morning show, which makes me think this is a temporary lineup until the set is done.

The line up definitively doesn't seem permanent but wouldn't surprise me if it was. With CTV's ratings im surprised they haven't made significant reductions to the number of on air personalities to save money as they have been throwing money at the Vancouver station for over 10 years and they cant really seem to make much headroom against Global.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived