Local TV, LLC Acquired By NewsTalk Media Corp.

Weeters

NewsTalk Media Corporation, parent company of TVNewsTalk.net, has announced it has completed a strategic acquisition of Local TV, LLC. and their 21 television stations, which were listed for sale late last month. "This acquisition plays right into our strategic goals to create and foster synergy in a multi-media market driven by could-based social media." said NewsTalk Media's Chief Innovation Officer (and reformed Nigerian spammer) Dr. Clement Okon. Okon, who NewsTalk Media Chairman Archibald Coolranch says was "Completely instrumental" in finalizing the deal, went on to add that the proceedings were done "IN STRICTEST CONFIDENCE" and were "UTTERLY CONFIDENTIAL AND ‘TOP SECRET’". He added that he is overjoyed that NewsTalk's Media's request for urgent business relationship was completed so quickly.

The acquisition of Local TV will also serve to help NewsTalk Media's existing brands. Once the merger is complete, it is expected that current Local TV CEO Bobby Lawrence will be made head of TVNewsTalk.net Guest Services. In a statement released to the media, Lawrence stated "I am so thrilled to be joining the team of the website that helped us so much during our sale. If it wasn't for TVNewsTalk, I would have sold every station to Sinclair." Additionally, Local TV Chief Operating Officer Pam Taylor will add "Managing Editor of TVNewsTalk" to her duties, replacing the outgoing W. Charles Weeters II, who is retiring in June "to focus on [his] quest to create the perfect Bacon and Funyuns cheeseburger."

kTdFT1f.gif

Pam Taylor, pictured in this undated photo taken from Local TV's website, will replace W. Charles Weeters II as TVNewsTalk.net Managing Editor in June.

The deal is expected to be finalized this week.

Click here to view the article

Now that's a Humdinger of April Fool's.

I sent letters to CEO's of Belo, Cox Media, and Journal about picking up some of the Local TV stations. I expressed my conerns about how Sincrap and Nextcrap like to grab just about every station they can get their hands on.

• 3 weeks later...
Is this press release the truth? if so how??

It's not, but if we all had the money to start a new broadcast ownership group, it might've been a possibility.

Other than that, this was just another April Fools joke not to be taken seriously.

It's not, but if we all had the money to start a new broadcast ownership group, it might've been a possibility.

Other than that, this was just another April Fools joke not to be taken seriously.

Should I start a kickstarter?

We only each have to chip in a couple hundred thousand dollars!

Archived