KTLA's Pereira to CNN

Announced on the KTLA morning news about an hour ago...

http://ktla.com/2013/03/28/michaela-pereira-to-end-9-year-run-at-ktla/#axzz2Oqbk7hGT

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) — Longtime KTLA 5 Morning News favorite Michaela Pereira is leaving the station at the end of May after nine years.

Pereira, one of KTLA5’s most well-known and respected local news anchors, will be joining CNN in New York.

Michaela joined the station in 2004, and quickly became a favorite with viewers on Los Angeles’ #1-rated local morning newscast.

She has been a key part of KTLA’s 7-10 a.m. team that includes Frank Buckley, Mark Kriski, Sam Rubin and Jessica Holmes.

“Michaela has been a huge contributor to the station’s success in the morning,” KTLA5 President and General Manager Don Corsini said in making the announcement.

“She is an outstanding journalist with a unique ability to connect with the audience.

“Everyone at KTLA is of course sorry that she is leaving us, but we wish her success and happiness with this professional opportunity.”

News Director Jason Ball added, “We’re of course saddened that Michaela is moving on, but happily for us she is part of an amazing morning news team that Southern California has embraced for many years.”

“We will continue to serve the market with our unique and friendly mix of news and entertainment in the morning, with a television news family that remains otherwise intact,” he said.

Michaela has this message for KTLA’s viewers:

While I am beyond thrilled and excited by the next stop on my professional journey, I leave KTLA and Southern California with a heavy heart.

I came here 9 years ago, wide eyed and eager but was met by a community that welcomed me with open arms.

THANK YOU for inviting me into your homes and allowing me to get your day started as part as of this EXTRAORDINARY team at KTLA5.

You allowed me to marshal your parades, speak at your gatherings and hug your children. For this I am deeply grateful.

No replacement for Michaela will be named immediately.

Read more: http://ktla.com/2013/03/28/michaela-pereira-to-end-9-year-run-at-ktla/#ixzz2OqcAtZ4C

Is Jillian Reynolds' non-compete clause finished? If so, KTLA should hire her to replace Michela.

I doubt they would hire her, They are going to replace her with Megan Henderson and find someone to do the early edition of KTLA morning news

Archived