Preview of New Graphics for CBS 2?

bc485

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, honestly, I like the fact that they're matching up with KCBS/KCAL in the logo department. I think that they should have all the logos with gold numerals (for the ex-Group W stations, this would be a 90's throwback) Though, I wouldn't populate WLNY's schedules with all those court and talk shows, I would fill it with tons of CBS/Paramount shows, after all, their library is huge and it's just going to waste. After all, for the 4th. they ran a 9:00 AM-9:00 PM marathon of I Love Lucy, so they could capitalize on it. And maybe be more involved in Long Island activities and such, hire more reporters for the LI bureau. Stuff like that.

I agree. I do like the gold numerals as they add a bit of color to the logos which, to begin with, are bland. KDKA had a silver/gold "eye-2" logo for a couple years after they dropped the Anklepants font, and it looks better than their current logo, IMO.

KDKA-LOGO-e1335470418862.jpg

KCNC debuted a version of the "Expect MORE" promo this week. It actually matches KCNC's look rather well, as Gotham was the default typeface for their 2008 graphics, and they already have the yellow channel number.

The only thing that's strange about this promo in my opinion is the overall vagueness of it. It's a bunch of stock video, slow music, and an ambiguous message/emotion, and there's something jarring about seeing an ad that clearly wasn't designed for this station right after seeing a "Colorado's News Channel" promo that clearly was made with KCNC in mind. But I guess that's just the result of standardized creative services...

You can add KYW to the Expect More. Seems like they just copied the WCBS campaign an inserted their own talent and shots of Philly. No big surprise there cause KYW has become WCBS-lite as far as the the look and feel of the station goes.

You can add KYW to the Expect More. Seems like they just copied the WCBS campaign an inserted their own talent and shots of Philly. No big surprise there cause KYW has become WCBS-lite as far as the the look and feel of the station goes.

Except on their end , KYW also used their "On Your Side" slogan (which is this generation's version of "Coverage You Can Count On"/"Real People. Real News". ) at the end of 3's promo.

The KYW variant also says "honored as the BEST LOCAL STATION IN AMERICA. AGAIN." For some reason they keep winning Edward R. Murrow awards.

Uhm, I have some issues with that. Since I think they're the worst station in the market. 29 is more entertaining when you consider their morning show, 6 has the best anchors... and WCAU may just be putting out some of the best local news coverage I've ever seen.

• 5 weeks later...

I noticed recently that KDKA stopped using "Expect MORE". I only saw the promo on TV once, and it only showed up once in a cover photo on their Facebook page before they went back to using "Your Home For Local News" and then just "KDKA-TV News" (They've been using the cover photo space to advertise the big stories of the day).

• 2 weeks later...

KDKA has just developed their own version of the Expect MORE promo. Check it out (IMO, it's way better than WCBS's)!

and

Whoa, KDKA is actually using LOCAL footage! Definitely much nicer, except the text feels really cheap to me.

Archived