NY1 planning rebrand

T.L. Hughes

Well they won't. The reason NY1 and other similar regional news channels exist is because they are an incentive to get people to subscribe to cable. If you don't have Time Warner then you can't get NY1 (I understand they're also on cablevision but I'm trying to get the point across; all other RNCs are exclusive to the originating provider).

And you bring up a great point, Cablevision viewers (like me) have NY1 and it makes no sense for the to keep on pushing TW in our faces when other cable companies are carrying their station. If this is the case, then they should've called it "Time Warner/Cablevision Cable News NY1".

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CP24 is owned by BELL and its on Rogers.Other RNCs like NECN News Channel 8 and NWCN are on dish network and FiOS

CP24 is Canadian, and owned by Bell (which owns the18" Dish equivalent in Canada); BC1 (also Canadian) is owned by Shaw (which owns both the competing satellite system and cable systems in Western Canada). IIRC, Canada doesn't permit "exclusive" to one platform or another (i.e., only on Shaw Direct or Rogers Cable), dependent on available bandwidth and getting a signal to an uplink centre. Rules are different north of the border...

The cable-owned Regional News Channels aren't on satellite just for the "Not on Satellite, Not on Phone TV" factor (also check Comcast Sportsnet Philly...). NWCN is owned by Belo, and was added to Dish as part of the carriage agreement for the stations in the Pacific Northwest. Don't look for NewsChannel 8 DC, NECN, NY1, CFN13, Bay9 or other regional channels on satellite, as they are owned by the cable company outright or a joint venture of the cable company and another entity (WJLA for NC8, for example).

J.

CP24 is Canadian, and owned by Bell (which owns the18" Dish equivalent in Canada); BC1 (also Canadian) is owned by Shaw (which owns both the competing satellite system and cable systems in Western Canada). IIRC, Canada doesn't permit "exclusive" to one platform or another (i.e., only on Shaw Direct or Rogers Cable), dependent on available bandwidth and getting a signal to an uplink centre. Rules are different north of the border...

The cable-owned Regional News Channels aren't on satellite just for the "Not on Satellite, Not on Phone TV" factor (also check Comcast Sportsnet Philly...). NWCN is owned by Belo, and was added to Dish as part of the carriage agreement for the stations in the Pacific Northwest. Don't look for NewsChannel 8 DC, NECN, NY1, CFN13, Bay9 or other regional channels on satellite, as they are owned by the cable company outright or a joint venture of the cable company and another entity (WJLA for NC8, for example).

J.

Isn't NC8 on FiOS in DC including necn in new england

Bright House is still under the Time Warner umbrella.

No it isn't. They team up to negotiate channel carriage deals and some cooperative planning of technology, but Bright House is a separately owned company with no financial or other connection to Time Warner Cable.

No it isn't. They team up to negotiate channel carriage deals and some cooperative planning of technology, but Bright House is a separately owned company with no financial or other connection to Time Warner Cable.

Didn't Time Warner divested its Orlando and Tampa Bay cable system to advanced newhouse which also included CFN 13 and Bay News 9

They made the time & temperature bigger on their bug, as Pat Kiernan pointed out this morning as people emailed that they couldn't see the time well.

Here's their 11pm newscast recorded on debut Monday

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

(Wide shot of the desk near the end of this part)

Part 4:

(Three people on the desk)

Here's another shot of the set: http://t.co/TULMQC8yOT

They made the time & temperature bigger on their bug, as Pat Kiernan pointed out this morning as people emailed that they couldn't see the time well.

Here's their 11pm newscast recorded on debut Monday

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

(Wide shot of the desk near the end of this part)

Part 4:

(Three people on the desk)

Here's another shot of the set: http://t.co/TULMQC8yOT

RGS Does NY1 still do News all Morning, all afternoon and all evening still

The graphics are sleek and amazing, the set looks fantastic and the new look is close to the national news networks (close to CNN, but better-looking than Fox and MSNBC).

Oh and Time Warner Cable News New York One is a mouthful if I EVER heard one.

Graphics are great in my opnion its better than WCBS and WABC all together.Its just the new logo; new name and new mic flags that are subpar

Amazing graphics, great music (I like that they remixed the original jingle,) and great presentation all around....with one exception. That name (and the logo to go with it) is atrocious. This is just like the infamous canning of "11Alive" on WXIA back in 1995; long story short, the name returned less than a year later. Maybe Time Warner Cable News NY1 will be the same...?

Amazing graphics, great music (I like that they remixed the original jingle,) and great presentation all around....with one exception. That name (and the logo to go with it) is atrocious. This is just like the infamous canning of "11Alive" on WXIA back in 1995; long story short, the name returned less than a year later. Maybe Time Warner Cable News NY1 will be the same...?

I mean I am not so much of a fan of the remixed theme but the graphics are definally stunning.Most of us would agree TWC NY1 name is crap.I hope TWC takes a page And learn from branding mistakes WXIA and WPVI did in the past

RGS Does NY1 still do News all Morning, all afternoon and all evening still

Don't worry, they do all that and more.

NY1 covers New York City every hour of every day. Each half hour begins with the NY1 Minute news summary, and includes Weather On The 1s as well as the hour's top news and NY1 Living stories. This regular news programming appears during the News All Morning hours of 5 a.m. to noon, followed by News All Day through 7 p.m., then News All Night until 5 a.m.

The morning daypart is also the home to NY1's acclaimed In The Papers segment, airing weekdays at approximately 7:41, 8:41 and 9:41 a.m., Saturdays at 7:42, 8:42, 10:42 and 11:42 a.m. and Sundays at 8:42 and 11:42 a.m. The weekday evening daypart includes the NY1 From The Floor stock market report.

In addition, NY1 features a slate of regularly-scheduled programming that includes the award-winning Inside City Hall, the innovative The Call and the nightly News At Eleven, as well as Sports On 1, The New York Times Close Up, On Stage and New York Tonight.

Archived