WFLD Broadcasting from Newsroom Set @9

24994J

The title is pretty self-explanatory. All yellow lighting is blue for the night show and, oddly enough, the newsroom is better-lit at night than in the morning. The 3x3 monitor wall in the background has also lost 3 screens and is now only 2 wide. I'll be honest (and I hate to admit it), it looks better under these circumstances. Whether or not the move off the main set is permanent is yet to be known.

They also changed the bug, eliminating all animations and the "myfoxchicago.com" from the red line (which is thinner). Along with the bug, (nearly) all lower third graphics have also dropped on the screen, about the height of a ticker. In fact, they didn't run a ticker during sports...

wfldnewsroom_zpsaa23cae7.jpg

It turns out that some lighting work is being done in the main studio, implying that they'll be back either tomorrow or Friday.

Of course, they do something that doesn't look terrible and it's only temporary.

Aw, great, they eliminated the myfoxchicago.com text and now the Fox 32 logo doesn't animate anymore, like it is a still image. Why do they keep changing the settings during the FOX Mandate for Pete's sake?

Every major FOX station but WFLD, I'm gonna miss the logo animations... Bummer!

I posted in another thread, but the modified versions of the graphics are debuting in Houston this evening. So it's not just Chicago.

Edited to add: It's likely the main studio is getting the new, brighter, LED lights. Houston is also scheduled to get them, but I'm not sure when they're supposed to start on the work here. They've been installed and in use at our newsroom set since September or October.

Archived