Al Naipo out at KTTV

bogusabc7breakingnews

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/al-naipo-on-his-way-out-at-kttv_b81967

Al Naipo On His Way Out at KTTV

A FOX spokesperson has confirmed with TVSpy longtime KTTV reporter Al Naipo is leaving the FOX owned station in Los Angeles.

Naipo, the Orange County bureau chief, announced the news to KTTV staffers in an email acquired by LA Observed. In the email, he was unclear on why he was leaving or what his future plans might be,

“After nearly 20 years here at KTTV, I’ll be leaving next month to pursue that next step in my career. At this point, I’ve yet to identify that specific path.”

He also gives no clear date for his departure saying only his last day will be before March 11 and he’ll have a more specific date in a few days.

To see the LA Observed piece with the email, click here. Or view a copy of the email after the jump.

Naipo started at KTTV in 1993 as a general assignment reporter. He has also worked for both KMOV and KSDK in St. Louis, WSVN in Miami, WEEK in Peoria, IL, and WTOL in Toledo, OH.

Here’s the body of the goodbye email:

To: KTTV-NEWS-ALL

Subject: Aloha!

Hello Friends,

After nearly 20 years here at KTTV, I’ll be leaving next month to pursue that next step in my career. At this point, I’ve yet to identify that specific path.

While this may come as a surprise, we all realize such that such realities are a nature of this business.

I’m very proud of what we were able to accomplish over the years. Much of that is attributed to a fine group of professionals, who give their all everyday, sometimes in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds, to provide our viewers with the information they truly need to know in a manner befitting a journalist.

My last day will be prior to March 11th. I should have a specific date in a few days.

I thank you for your dedication, friendship and support.

–Al Naipo

Archived