Rob Morrison arrested

tvknowledge

If I recall correctly, Scotto's move to GDNY opened up more time for family and business on her part.

As for CBS 2, I think this would be the perfect opportunity for Cindy Hsu to return to the AM and noon (thanks Twigz1). She and Mary will be an excellent anchor team.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a loss, but we knew it was coming eventually. I think Chris would be an ideal replacement, considering he did have experience with the CBS Early Show so I don't see why he can't easilly transition to the morning news.

Folks, why has no one mentioned the idea of returning to the status quo of 26 months ago? Chris/Kristine at 5/11, Dana/Don at 6, and Maurice/Mary mornings and noon. Not that Maurice would like that very much...

Point is these are all the same players who were playing in the sandbox in 2010. Who would think that WCBS, formerly with the biggest revolving door in town, would be in this position today.

Folks, why has no one mentioned the idea of returning to the status quo of 26 months ago? Chris/Kristine at 5/11, Dana/Don at 6, and Maurice/Mary mornings and noon. Not that Maurice would like that very much...

Point is these are all the same players who were playing in the sandbox in 2010. Who would think that WCBS, formerly with the biggest revolving door in town, would be in this position today.

I think Maurice would see that as a demotion.

Definitely would be a demotion for Maurice and he has done a great job.

However I still watch WABC at 5&11.

Hasn't WCBS made strong gains and shown steady growth during the 5&11 newscast? Doubt they would be interested in change that drastic, when the current line up seems to work. Always wondered why Chris left for The Early Show. The turn over rate on that program was annual at one point, he had to have known that!

Personally I really liked Chris and Kristine together.Maurice is good too I don't think he will ever be back on mornings..He's the lead anchor now and ratings are good..They'd be stupid to start messing with their evening shows..Do they have any reporters that are good anchors? Is Don Dahler really leaving soon? Chris Wragee doesn't seem to want the morning? Would they give Dick Brennan the morning? He used to fill in on Good Day NY all the time.

I think Otis Livingston would do an excellent job anchoring mornings.He has a great bubbling personality and he would do well to loosing up Mary Calvi. I do not want to see Dick Brennan in any of CBS anchor chair. I didn't like him at FOX 5 and I still cant adapt to his reporting or anchoring style.

The Post caught up with Morrison at a CT Buffalo Wild Wings yesterday.

“I just lost my job today,” Morrison sighed to The Post inside a Buffalo Wild Wings saloon in Stamford, as he searched for answers at the bottom of a Bud Light pint. “I could not go on the air again,” lamented Morrison, 44, who was bending his elbow with a very shaky hand.

I was gonna say Otis Livingston but I don't think he'd want it..He seems to really enjoy what he's doing now..I never even thought of Phil Lipof..he'd be a good choice if they went out of house..he's a great anchor and since there probably wont be an opening at channel 7 anytime soon he would be smart to take if they did in fact offer it to him..If they wanted two females which I don't think they will do they also have Alex Denis who is a pretty decent anchor..someone on facebook even mentioned Dave Price lol

I was gonna say Otis Livingston but I don't think he'd want it..He seems to really enjoy what he's doing now..I never even thought of Phil Lipof..he'd be a good choice if they went out of house..he's a great anchor and since there probably wont be an opening at channel 7 anytime soon he would be smart to take if they did in fact offer it to him..If they wanted two females which I don't think they will do they also have Alex Denis who is a pretty decent anchor..someone on facebook even mentioned Dave Price lol

Oh man, Dave Price AND John Elliot on one morning show? "The Soup" would forget about GDNY and move to 2, lol

It seems like Rob has an issue with alcohol and drinking at a bar while talking to a reporter might not be the best thing to do since it seems drinking was cause the problem in the first place.

The Morrison story is getting picked up by cable news. FNC is doing a segment on them in the 2pm hour of America Live With Megyn Kelly.

I remember when Rob was bitter towards NBC, but they did him a favor by just saying he bought out due to budget cuts. I think he was bitter because he felt they cut him and kept Darlene Rodriquez when her cop husband was accused of rape. The big difference is that it was not her doing.

I thought the same thing David Ushery would be the best choice. John Muller would be very good too....

Jim Watkins is more of an evening person and the only way he would work would be to move Chris Wragge to mornings/noon and pair Jim with Dana.

Within channel2 Cindy Hsu would be a good choice and Caroyn Gussoff could take her weekend spot (she co-anchored weekend today in ny.

Staying with the all female idea Pat Battle from channel 4 would also be very good, or Lynne White from 11.

I thought the same thing David Ushery would be the best choice. John Muller would be very good too....

Jim Watkins is more of an evening person and the only way he would work would be to move Chris Wragge to mornings/noon and pair Jim with Dana.

Within channel2 Cindy Hsu would be a good choice and Caroyn Gussoff could take her weekend spot (she co-anchored weekend today in ny.

Staying with the all female idea Pat Battle from channel 4 would also be very good, or Lynne White from 11.

Is Lynne White still doing tv?

Is Lynne White still doing tv?

her last year anchoring morning news was in 05 at Channel 11...now she's a blogger on the Huffington Post and a real estate broker, also contributes to News 4 NY at 7 on 4.2 but I think they dropped that segment since they dropped the "NY Nightly News w/Chuck" title.

Archived