NBC 10 playing with anchor pairings

TVNewsLover

Since they let Tim Lake go, it looks like they are trying to fill there most valuable spots with current staff. Only once they have filled Tim's spot with someone they already have will the fill the less prestigious anchor position.

Yeah although I wouldn't be so sure they wouldn't just have Renee anchor solo the 6 and 11 permanently. I don't think they have anyone on staff that could fill that co anchor chair although I think Vai Sikehema with a little more seasoning could in time be just that.

I wonder if NBC 10 is playing with anchor pairings. The other day Tracy co-anchored with Lori for the 11am news. Today, Tracy co-anchored with Keith at 11am, while Lori co-anchored with Tracy at 4pm, and Renee was on at 6pm.

They must like Tracy with Keith. I just turned on 10 News Today this early morning and Tracy's in for Lori. Jillian's in doing traffic.

• 1 month later...

How long do you think it will be until we see the set anchor parings?

I'm still seeing different anchors all over different time slots. (ie: Tracy Davidson on in the morning, Lori Wilson weekend mornings, even a Karen Thomas sighting!, etc.)

• 3 weeks later...

What is going on at NBC 10? I've seen Tracy in the morning and at 11am. I've seen Lori on Sunday mornings, but weekday mornings too. I've seen solo anchoring at 11am. I've seen all the anchors but Keith Jones fill in for the 4pm or 5pm. I've seen co-anchors at 6pm & 11pm, but not with Renee. I haven't seen Tracy lately at 4pm or 5pm.

Is 10 still playing with anchor pairings? Or is this just juggling around because they need someone to fill in during the weekend mornings?

What is going on at NBC 10? I've seen Tracy in the morning and at 11am. I've seen Lori on Sunday mornings, but weekday mornings too. I've seen solo anchoring at 11am. I've seen all the anchors but Keith Jones fill in for the 4pm or 5pm. I've seen co-anchors at 6pm & 11pm, but not with Renee. I haven't seen Tracy lately at 4pm or 5pm.

Is 10 still playing with anchor pairings? Or is this just juggling around because they need someone to fill in during the weekend mornings?

Lori has been anchoring the Saturday/Sunday morning newscasts for weeks now.

I guess they have to see what paring pulls in the big numbers

• 2 weeks later...

NBC 10 news as we know it is falling apart. I had a feeling that Wilson

might be leaving. I also have a feeling that other anchors and or

reporters might be leaving the station. The station's news product is a

total mess. They rather go to 6ABC, FOX 29, CBS3 or 1060 AM.

Seems like they've settled on Keith and Tracy in the mornings and at 11am (although they seem to alternate solo anchoring at 11am, not sure why). If this is permanent, I hope it was Tracy's choice and not her being demoted.

Also, for the time being, it seems like it's Jacqueline & Renee at 4pm, Vai & Jacqueline at 5pm, and Renee solo at 6pm & 11pm. I'm hoping they hire another male talent and pair him with Renee at 5pm & 11pm, and leave 4pm & 6pm to Vai & Jacqueline. John Clark should get moved up to weekday sports.

I would've preferred Tracy in the afternoon/evenings, and Jacqueline in the am, but oh well. As for Lori, I hope it was her choice to leave, and not her being forced out. She was a breathe of fresh air in the mornings, and enjoyed her with Keith. While I like most of the changes to NBC10, the jury's still out on the anchor line-ups.

Seems like they've settled on Keith and Tracy in the mornings and at 11am (although they seem to alternate solo anchoring at 11am, not sure why). If this is permanent, I hope it was Tracy's choice and not her being demoted.

Also, for the time being, it seems like it's Jacqueline & Renee at 4pm, Vai & Jacqueline at 5pm, and Renee solo at 6pm & 11pm. I'm hoping they hire another male talent and pair him with Renee at 5pm & 11pm, and leave 4pm & 6pm to Vai & Jacqueline. John Clark should get moved up to weekday sports.

I would've preferred Tracy in the afternoon/evenings, and Jacqueline in the am, but oh well. As for Lori, I hope it was her choice to leave, and not her being forced out. She was a breathe of fresh air in the mornings, and enjoyed her with Keith. While I like most of the changes to NBC10, the jury's still out on the anchor line-ups.

Lori wasn't forced out. She got an opportunity to anchor in her hometown and she took it. Also morning news isn't the demotion/punishment it used to be, esp in this market. It's become very competitive here which is why everyone moved back to the 4:30AM start time.

Archived