Which Telemundo package did Gari do?

TServo2049

Hello,

A question: Gari Media Group's website says that they've done music for Telemundo. The older iterations of their site had samples of their Telemundo work. Unfortunately, I don't think I ever listened to them.

Originally, I assumed the package Gari did was the one NMSA lists as "Telemundo News Theme". It certainly sounds like Gari. But the U.S. Copyright Office has an entry for "Telemundo News Package" registered to Dingletown Music, but the "Date of Creation" is given as 1994. That would imply that this record is referring for the earlier "Telemundo 1992 News Theme", because the later theme didn't debut until 1999 or so.

So were both themes Gari? There's another twist: BMI lists "Noticiero Telemundo WSCV Opening", "Noticiero Telemundo WSCV Closing" and "Noticiero Telemundo WSCV Cues" by someone named Mark Roumelis, who turns out is a Miami-based composer. In the late 90s, a Miami-based company called Rockin' Chair Creative Sounds supplied music for Telemundo. They were a division of Broadcast Video, Inc.; Roumelis says on his LinkedIn that he worked at BVI starting in 1996, and I found an old Digital Content Producer article on Rockin' Chair which says Roumelis had previously worked in Baltimore.

So the only theme used by WSCV that fits the timeframe in which Roumelis would have composed it is the 1999 "Telemundo News Theme", the one I initially thought might be Gari. So, does anybody perhaps know anything about which music package Gari did for Telemundo? Does anybody possibly remember the clips from the older versions of the Gari site?

Wow, nice find! I was wondering who actually had composed the local affiliate Telemundo News Themes. I had done some investigating a long time ago looking for the local theme specifically when I contacted Kim Gari, and was told they didnt compose anything for Telemundo but the news theme made in 1994 for their 24hr newschannel which became CBS TeleNoticias. The theme in question is this one:

[yt]PfJzrcMoZlQ[/yt]

Archived