WTMJ relaunching 6:30pm newscast

Glimmer

Nearly two years after yanking the 6:30pm newscast from its air, WTMJ has announced it will bring back the newscast beginning this Monday (2/4). The newscast, which will be anchored by the 6pm team of Carole Meekins and Mike Jacobs, will push current timeslot holder 'Access Hollywood' to 1:30am.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/entertainment/188901521.html#comments

This comes as something of a surprise because wasn't the initial newscast a big stinking bomb in the ratings?

You might as well move Access Hollywood to either WITI or WMLW, it was dump to move the show to TMJ when they weren't satisfied to begin with.

I think WITI is happy appealing to the younger audience with TMZ. It might make sense for WMLW, so they could have something other than 3 hours of Tyler Perry's House of Payne, Rules of Engagement, and The Big Bang Theory.

I think WITI is happy appealing to the younger audience with TMZ. It might make sense for WMLW, so they could have something other than 3 hours of Tyler Perry's House of Payne, Rules of Engagement, and The Big Bang Theory.

WMLW's premiering Modern Family reruns this fall, so I doubt they'll pick up Access. I don't see WISN picking it back up again; maybe WCGV might counter its sister station's move to more mainstream programming in access?

I wonder how much longer Access Hollywood can last since its not really lighting up the ratings charts. On a side note, KNSD actually moved Access to 12:30pm (then to 11:30am this month) in September from its original time slot of 6:30pm. And the episodes are from the day before. Like I said, how much longer can a show like Access last when even an O&O station of your parent company doesn't have faith in your show to put you in a prime spot?

It was just announced on Live at 10 that it will not be a 6:30 newscast, but rather a show called "Wisconsin Tonight". It will recap the day's top stories and take us more in depth.

So it's a 6:30 newscast, right? :p

Archived