Fox buying Charlotte's WJZY/WMYT

CircleSeven

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why can't they just keep it as "WCCB" and just have a small CW logo. I would also like to see a more unique WCCB logo with some old font, maybe similar to WTVT's "13" font. The one they're using now is generic and it reminds of their old logo. I wouldn't want it to call themselves as CW 18 or CW Charlotte. The network doesn't deserve all that praise. I think once of the oldest stations in the Charlotte market with a strong history deserves to have a stronger branding by being more local. "The CW" doesn't have enough to classify as a strong brand for Channel 18. It is sad that Fox is yanking its affiliation to a strong station like WCCB.

My question is, what does WCCB do about sports since The CW doesn't have a sports division? I'm guessing that they might try to get some college sports packages from ESPN Regional Television to replace the NFL, MLB, UFC, college football and NASCAR events that Fox has rights to.

My question is, what does WCCB do about sports since The CW doesn't have a sports division? I'm guessing that they might try to get some college sports packages from ESPN Regional Television to replace the NFL, MLB, UFC, college football and NASCAR events that Fox has rights to.

That would be my guess.

904397_10200648881731925_116694983_o.jpg

My idea for the new logo! Thoughts?

Something less busy would suffice. I whipped up three concepts:

The main logo, the news logo (the alignment of the name may or may not be too inflexible though), and the main logo, at least temporarily (I imagined the name "Charlotte's CW" only being in place for about a year after the switch).

Something less busy would suffice. I whipped up three concepts:

The main logo, the news logo (the alignment of the name may or may not be too inflexible though), and the main logo, at least temporarily (I imagined the name "Charlotte's CW" only being in place for about a year after the switch).

Good concepts.

As for the news logo, I was thinking of something similar to CHCH's old station logo (including the Dinot typeface).

With WJZY becoming a Fox O&O, assuming the Fox affiliation would go to 46, then could a newscast be in the works, say Fox 46 News/the NEW Fox Charlotte News?

Yes, and most likely they are going to move to the Speed Network's (soon to be FOX Sports 1) studio over in the University area in Charlotte.

So if that's not just an interim thing, all they did was stick a panel with the CW logo onto the end of their current one.

A bit clunky, and why are they allergic to using the number "18" in their branding now?

So if that's not just an interim thing, all they did was stick a panel with the CW logo onto the end of their current one.

A bit clunky, and why are they allergic to using the number "18" in their branding now?

They have been for a while... maybe it's a cable thing. Maybe they're not carried on channel 18 on most cable providers so they don't want to cause confusion. They haven't really used 18 since they called themselves Fox Charlotte. Also, I like what they did with the CW logo there. It's kinda classy and chic.

Archived