Fox buying Charlotte's WJZY/WMYT

CircleSeven

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

WJZY officially made the jump to Fox 46 Charlotte this morning, renaming the morning show "Good Day Charlotte."

This would have been the perfect opportunity to dump "Hey, Hey Carolinas" and go to the O&O music, but it now updated as "Hey, Hey Charlotte". :bang:

Maybe (hopefully) they will use the O&O music for the evening newscasts. They have also fallen of the MyFox website bandwagon and rebranded their website as fox46charlotte.com

So that makes KSAZ, KTVU, KDFW and now WJZY with websites no longer using the MyFox template.

And they had better use the O&O theme with the evening newscasts. That stupid country theme just doesn't work. Promos? Yes. Actual news music? No.

Their Twitter is now @fox46news. I had to refollow it for some reason. Kinda figured this was coming with the app changing over several weeks ago. I don't understand why they didn't get rid of that silly Hey, Hey song with the switch.

WJZY officially made the jump to Fox 46 Charlotte this morning, renaming the morning show "Good Day Charlotte."

This would have been the perfect opportunity to dump "Hey, Hey Carolinas" and go to the O&O music, but it now updated as "Hey, Hey Charlotte". :bang:

They are waiting, I think, until the new Stephen Arnold O&O package comes out.

So that makes KSAZ, KTVU, KDFW and now WJZY with websites no longer using the MyFox template.

No longer an O&O anymore, but WFXT is showing hints that they're moving away from the MyFoxBoston domain; all the emails mentioned on the newscast are @fox25.com, and reporters/other staff are using the fox25.com domain on their email addresses as well.

Strangely enough though, Cox still hasn't taken control of that domain.

No longer an O&O anymore, but WFXT is showing hints that they're moving away from the MyFoxBoston domain; all the emails mentioned on the newscast are @fox25.com, and reporters/other staff are using the fox25.com domain on their email addresses as well.

Strangely enough though, Cox still hasn't taken control of that domain.

Should also be a matter of time before WFXT ditches the O&O look too.

I think all the O&O will slowly move away from the MyFox branding, which is probably years overdue.

Should also be a matter of time before WFXT ditches the O&O look too.

I think all the O&O will slowly move away from the MyFox branding, which is probably years overdue.

What I almost don't get is why KSAZ, which owns and once used the fox10.com domain, chose fox10phoenix.com for its brand.

My only line of thinking that makes sense is that they wanted one name for all social media, and they need to distinguish themselves from WALA for some reason (or need to reflect where they are in their social profiles).

• 3 months later...

I must say that their newscasts have improved tremendously over the last several months. I've watched the 6 and 10pm shows thus far. Getting the HELL out of that newsroom into a set-like setting has dramatically improved their presentation and pacing, and the product looks much more professional and less like a webcast gone awry.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/tv/media-scene-blog/article21389220.html

Based on the last ratings, it appears to be working at 10pm, as they're gaining on WCCB (but still getting trounced by WSOC's WAXN show by a 3:1 margin). 6pm is going to be a tough battle against the more-established big 3....and unless WCCB starts imploding, mornings are going to be very tough seeing as everybody except WCNC is competing against them in some form on a local basis during that time period...

And I didn't hear a single "Hey Hey Carolinas" until the morning show tease at the end of the show!

I must say that their newscasts have improved tremendously over the last several months. I've watched the 6 and 10pm shows thus far. Getting the HELL out of that newsroom into a set-like setting has dramatically improved their presentation and pacing, and the product looks much more professional and less like a webcast gone awry.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/tv/media-scene-blog/article21389220.html

Based on the last ratings, it appears to be working at 10pm, as they're gaining on WCCB (but still getting trounced by WSOC's WAXN show by a 3:1 margin). 6pm is going to be a tough battle against the more-established big 3....and unless WCCB starts imploding, mornings are going to be very tough seeing as everybody except WCNC is competing against them in some form on a local basis during that time period...

And I didn't hear a single "Hey Hey Carolinas" until the morning show tease at the end of the show!

This is what WJZY 46 should have started with since the beginning.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
And the experiment is officially over.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/tv/media-scene-blog/article28009666.html

It doesn't paint a rosy picture for their future given the immense competition and anemic ad rates as a result of their low ratings...

Does this mean WJZY end up like WWJ right down to being the only other "big four" O&O that doesn't have a newscast?

Archived