Fox buying Charlotte's WJZY/WMYT

CircleSeven

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, early bug appearances are expected. Remember when WB & UPN ended in 2006? With the impending launch of MNTV and The CW, many WB/UPN affiliates dropped their old logos up to a month prior to the switch to the new networks.

Nothing new about WMYT, but here is the screen bug. hobx.jpg

It doesn't appear they are switching their branding to their virtual channel (55) like all the other Fox-owned MyNet stations, given they have already switched from MyTV 12 to just My12, and their new URL is going to be www.mytv12.com. I'm surprised.

Nothing new about WMYT, but here is the screen bug.

Yeah but the My12 logo looks more like the standard logo, similar to the other MyNetworkTV O&Os. The older MyTV12 one had a different "12" font. Like the above poster said, they will be the sole Fox O&O station (either affil'd by Fox or MyNet) to not use their virtual channel number in their branding. I would've preferred the My55 brand over MyTV12 or My12, just to be consistent with the other O&Os. WRBW Orlando brands their station as My65. And I can careless about, higher channel number embarrassments and higher cable subscribers that would confuse them. If that was the case, WWJ wouldn't brand as CBS 62 or WFLD wouldn't go back to Fox 32.

The WJZY Wikipedia page has been updated with their temporary logo. 16 days now until the switch.

Sure took long enough for that to be updated, considering they have been using it for more than a month now.

I know it seems like FOX would want the branding to be My55 to be in line with the rest of the o&o's but they've been My12 for so long, why confuse the average viewer by changing the branding when there is a) no affiliation switch and b)no reason to do so beyond having continuity with the rest of the group. The average viewer doesn't care about things like that.

Do you think WCCB will be keeping "Got Game", since they won't have Fox Sports?

Well they will still have Panthers preseason telecasts. They're keeping all their news programs at least for now. They officially removed the Fox branding at the end of March. They still need to change the name of the Facebook page for that and The Edge or start new ones. Still haven't done that for some reason. I applaud them for not giving up on their news.

They officially removed the Fox branding at the end of March. They still need to change the name of the Facebook page for that and The Edge or start new ones. Still haven't done that for some reason. I applaud them for not giving up on their news.

They haven't changed the programming description in their Syncbak app.

image.thumb.jpg.22f73a5d80e26369f325a8a2e70d4675.jpg

Now, we all know that FOX 46 soon-to-be start up 10:00 news will launch in early 2014, but what about a morning (5-9am), Noon, and/or early evening newscasts (5-6pm); Is that in the near future?

I would assume morning and weekends would follow at some point. Noon and early evening would probably be the least important.

Now, we all know that FOX 46 soon-to-be start up 10:00 news will launch in early 2014, but what about a morning (5-9am), Noon, and/or early evening newscasts (5-6pm); Is that in the near future?

If we're using other Fox stations as a guide, a "Good Day Carolinas" is pretty much a given. It would likely run 4:25am-10am. They're probably planning more urgently for that instead of the 10pm news. (Going by WTXF here, they put far more promotional muscle behind Good Day than anything else. As well they should.)

Evening newscasts are a coin flip, looking at the schedule. They have Two and a Half Men repeats, which probably do really well for them, and they run Steve Harvey (in both forms - his talk show and the Feud). But a lot of the schedule is repeated on WMYT, which fills out its schedule with some pretty ancient sitcom repeats. So I can't see any reason why the sitcoms can't just be moved to My. If I had to go by my gut, I'd say they're planning on doing a 5 and 6.

Oh, and just randomly... WCCB should change the favicon on their site. (The little icon you see in the tabs next to the site title.) It says "WCCB CLT"... and the first thing that comes to mind with those last three letters is something south, and I don't mean the city of Charlotte...

Oh, and just randomly... WCCB should change the favicon on their site. (The little icon you see in the tabs next to the site title.) It says "WCCB CLT"... and the first thing that comes to mind with those last three letters is something south, and I don't mean the city of Charlotte...

I know what you're talking about, but CLT is the code for Charlotte Douglas Int'l Airport... most people in Charlotte associate it with that.

That app is pretty neat. Surprised WCCB is the only Charlotte station that uses it.

I know that during commercials, they have been using a view from their Tower Cam, but on their regular app, it shows a view from a camera in studio, so you can see what goes on during the breaks.

Family Feud and Steve Harvey already air from 6-8 on WMYT. They air from 2-3 and 4-5 on WJZY. I think WJZY is picking up Modern Family, according to their Facebook page (they liked the Modern Family page). I think they are also getting Rachael Ray, they liked their page too. (WBTV is running Queen Latifah promos, I look for QL to replace Rachael on WBTV at 10).

Also I read on Broadcasting and Cable WJZY is supposed to be picking up Dr. Oz beginning in 2014. They may be getting Judge Judy in the future since a lot of the Fox O&O's carry her. So WJZY would have good lead-ins to a future 5:00 newscast.

Family Feud and Steve Harvey already air from 6-8 on WMYT. They air from 2-3 and 4-5 on WJZY. I think WJZY is picking up Modern Family, according to their Facebook page (they liked the Modern Family page). I think they are also getting Rachael Ray, they liked their page too. (WBTV is running Queen Latifah promos, I look for QL to replace Rachael on WBTV at 10).

Also I read on Broadcasting and Cable WJZY is supposed to be picking up Dr. Oz beginning in 2014. They may be getting Judge Judy in the future since a lot of the Fox O&O's carry her. So WJZY would have good lead-ins to a future 5:00 newscast.

And The Trisha Goodard Show is aired on WJZY from 5-6 and followed by Rules of Engagement at 6, The King of Queens at 6:30, and a full hour of Two and a Half Men as of right now.

I doubt WJZY will be getting Modern Family, because it is still airing on ABC and is not in syndication. It's possible that The Queen Latifah show could be replacing Rachael Ray on WBTV, I haven't seen the promos yet

I doubt WJZY will be getting Modern Family, because it is still airing on ABC and is not in syndication. It's possible that The Queen Latifah show could be replacing Rachael Ray on WBTV, I haven't seen the promos yet

Modern Family will be in Syndicated this coming season (Fall 2013). I think WFLD/WPWR will be airing the program in Chicago.

Archived